New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found that if you click on that "Groups" tab on the left after you log in, you can follow that link and then get into your NYIT gmail account as well. Hopefully they'll fix all of this soon though so you won't have to use such a roundabout method.
I did it by just opening a new tab and going to gmail. You cant see anything but those 3 buttons either?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted to a school that is a better fit for me, so I will be withdrawing from NYCOM. Goodbye $1500 deposit. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted to a school that is a better fit for me, so I will be withdrawing from NYCOM. Goodbye $1500 deposit. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! It seems that you got an offer from an MD school.

Thanks for letting us know! Wish you the best of luck!

When is the first day of classes?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Getting to be just about that time when the waitlist starts to move. Im hoping for the best.

Reactions: 3 users
Exactly I thought it will begin next month.

What makes you say this is when the waitlist moves?

I'm basing this claim on the last 2 or 3 years' threads. The waitlist seems to start to move around 6/15 and slows dramatically after 7/15. We can't be certain of anything though seeing as they have moved up orientation by about 2 weeks from previous years. I guess I could just be overzealous. Do you guys have different information and if so what is the source?

I'm basing this claim on the last 2 or 3 years' threads. The waitlist seems to start to move around 6/15 and slows dramatically after 7/15. We can't be certain of anything though seeing as they have moved up orientation by about 2 weeks from previous years. I guess I could just be overzealous. Do you guys have different information and if so what is the source?
I agree with you. The movement of waitlist always starts after June 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard in the interview that there is usually a good amount of waitlist movement. Hoping that is just as true this year!

I believe this is the case. There were a few years over the past decade where they overfilled the class resulting in very little waitlist activity. These years seem to be few and far between. Based on the numbers I have managed to come across it seems like the odds are in our favor even at this pount.

I heard in the interview that there is usually a good amount of waitlist movement. Hoping that is just as true this year!
I believe this is the case. There were a few years over the past decade where they overfilled the class resulting in very little waitlist activity. These years seem to be few and far between. Based on the numbers I have managed to come across it seems like the odds are in our favor even at this pount.

Really hoping theres a lot of movement this cycle and soon! Would love to enjoy the few weeks of summer we have before starting school! There have been a couple of years where there has been little to no movement :(. Praying thats not the case this year!

Has anyone tried calling to see if there is any status on waitlist movement? Is the waitlist ranked at all?

i called last week. they said no movement as of yet. and they told me the wait list is not ranked

I see. Man I hope theres alot of movement!!

Just curious...what numbers have you come across that point to the odds being in our favor?

Does the admission call or send email? Or is it all snail mail?

Does the admission call or send email? Or is it all snail mail?

From previous threads, they call you the day they send out your snailmail acceptance package if you get off the waitlist.

Anyone hear yet? This was the week last year.

Anyone hear yet? This was the week last year.

I called the admissions office this morning. They said there hasn't been any movement on the WL yet.
(Interviewed: 2/19 WL: 3/2)

Anyone else withdraw recently or is planning on withdrawing?

Room Available for rent. $800/month. 10 minute drive to the NYIT-COM Westbury Campus. Call 516-965-0661 for more details. Thanks!

Room Available for rent. $800/month. 10 minute drive to the NYIT-COM Westbury Campus. Call 516-965-0661 for more details. Thanks!

Um... you just posted your phone number on an open forum...

Oh man long island is expensive

called admissions today. said there was no movement as of yet. i asked if they foresee any movement and she said yes!.....the most promising phone call i've had so far

Reactions: 2 users
called admissions today. said there was no movement as of yet. i asked if they foresee any movement and she said yes!.....the most promising phone call i've had so far
That's great news! Hopefully movement occurs very soon!

Now that's what I'm talkin about...

Another week almost gone by..I wonder what's taking them so long..?

At this point, I'm guessing we aren't going to be hearing back until after the July 4th holiday :(

At this point, I'm guessing we aren't going to be hearing back until after the July 4th holiday :(

That seems right to me. Unless they have been meeting this past week I doubt we will hear anything for a while.

I'm surprised that the waitlist hasn't moved yet, according to "charmed22".

So I just called in and the person told me that they haven't been seeing any movement and that they don't predict seeing movement anytime soon. He said people are holding on to their seats.

I have just called in also and they said there hasnt been any movement and does not know if there will be. The the final piece of information is that aug 4th is the last day for getting off the waitlist.

I have just called in also and they said there hasnt been any movement and does not know if there will be. The the final piece of information is that aug 4th is the last day for getting off the waitlist.

Well at least there is an end.

I find it really hard to believe that not even ONE spot has opened up at this point. A couple of accepted students have withdrawn their acceptances in this thread alone. It seems that almost every other school has seen some sort of movement.

It could be that they've accepted more than the class size.