New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete since 10/27, and no word here, either 8(

Members don't see this ad.

GPA 3.83, MCAT 33, in-state. No words, either. I hope DO schools can e-mail me a rejection letter directly if they think I am not competitive. I DO hate uncertainty.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to throw any cold water on anyone... but I noticed last cycle that NYIT didn't hand out any rejection letters/emails... If I remember, for both post & pre-interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to NYIT for undergrad and I remember last year there were some kids in the DO program who got accepted super late, like March-Mayish? I'm in the same boat though, was done since early October and haven't heard back from them yet.

I went to NYIT for undergrad and I remember last year there were some kids in the DO program who got accepted super late, like March-Mayish? I'm in the same boat though, was done since early October and haven't heard back from them yet.

My friend's sibling got accepted, I believe, in May or June, super late.

Not to throw any cold water on anyone... but I noticed last cycle that NYIT didn't hand out any rejection letters/emails... If I remember, for both post & pre-interview.

Reapplicant... Still waiting for my rejection from last cycle. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
I can never understand why schools do this.

Reactions: 1 users
As usual, today ended with hopeless waiting. I am way too tired to push a huge rock which will never be removed. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting the final decision. May the God bless you.

I can never understand why schools do this.

I've been there so I know how you feel. Especially since I interviewed last March (for this school last cycle) predicting that I was going to end up on waitlist (and I did T-T).

I thought it's almost a courtesy for a school to respond in some way after taking a chunk of money from my bank account. But in honesty, they probably don't even have time/resources to send rejection letters individually because they are busy looking at newer, more potential applicants. At least that's what I tell myself... but good luck to you all waiting. It's a painful process... whether you are a new or a reapplicant.

Complete November 19th, interview invite yesterday morning! First invite this cycle :)) hang in there people!!!

Reactions: 9 users
When do we hear more information after paying the deposit? Anyone know lol?

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on NYIT! Send me an ii. I think we're a good fit! Really worried about the prospect of a silent rejection.

I am sitting on the still silence of this school. And from reading above i seems like they do silent rejections. I hate those.

Come on NYIT! Send me an ii. I think we're a good fit! Really worried about the prospect of a silent rejection.
I am sitting on the still silence of this school. And from reading above i seems like they do silent rejections. I hate those.

If they do decide to reject, they don't do it until literally the end of the cycle.

Out of curiosity, anyone know when accepted students day is?

Just got an ii, but as I was accepted to my top choice yesterday, I'll be withdrawing my app! Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when is the earliest available interview date?

Last edited:
Anyone hear back after sending in the deposit yet? Just curious as to when I should find about about official transcripts and Immunization forms because I couldn't find it in previous threads. Also, I haven't received confirmation I sent it in. -_- just paranoid lol. Anyone have an idea or know where to look?

Anyone hear back after sending in the deposit yet? Just curious as to when I should find about about official transcripts and Immunization forms because I couldn't find it in previous threads. Also, I haven't received confirmation I sent it in. -_- just paranoid lol. Anyone have an idea or know where to look?

They are not the best with communicating with you on their end. I would call if you are worried about the deposit. Other forms will probably come later in Spring.

Secondary received the same day my AACOMAS application was submitted!

Personally, I check these forums everday for updates on the application progress of others. Primarily to know whether or not I should expect news that day. My post above was an fyi for others who do the same.

I submitted my deposit in person yesterday, too paranoid about losing out on a precious seat here. The admissions director said not to worry, and that upon processing of the check - you'd be notified of more details on when school starts, tuition, etc.

I submitted my deposit in person yesterday, too paranoid about losing out on a precious seat here. The admissions director said not to worry, and that upon processing of the check - you'd be notified of more details on when school starts, tuition, etc.

Congrats on your acceptance!

Oh ok . Yeah, i mailed in my check in December lol. I called and they said they got it even though they havent cashed the check though; hopefully It wont be too long of a wait to find out what comes next. Excited to see you in the fall!

Anybody know about admissions here? Very interested but have heard nothing to date despite having strong numbers for the school. Do they look for something very specific that I don't know about? Confused because I've talked/read about others with interview invites and acceptances with lower numbers.

A word of advice... avoid this school. I am a current third year student here. My classmates and myself are extremely dissatisfied with the disconnect between students and administration. If I could go back I would not go here.

A word of advice... avoid this school. I am a current third year student here. My classmates and myself are extremely dissatisfied with the disconnect between students and administration. If I could go back I would not go here.
Would you mind elaborating on this?

Hi. Can you expand? I personally have a lot of questions to ask 3rd & 4th years.

I was accepted here but heard the administration is changing around 4th year rotations completely and people are not happy. Can any current students elaborate?

Anyone who interviewed on the 13th hear back yet? They said we could hear in as little as two weeks right?

Ugh, this wait is absolute torture... I wish they gave admissions decisions via email/phone instead of snail mail...

Has anyone recently got an ii? Im curious if they are still handing any out... applied a while ago, and still haven't heard anything....

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone recently got an ii? Im curious if they are still handing any out... applied a while ago, and still haven't heard anything....
When I called them last week, the lady told me not to worry, since they are still handing out plenty of interviews and they interview well into April

Reactions: 2 users
It seems that NYIT-COM loves to send out II on Fridays.

Hi I'm interviewing here in March and was wondering if you could have gone somewhere else where it would have been and why?

Hi I'm interviewing here in March and was wondering if you could have gone somewhere else where it would have been and why?
March... When did you get the II? I think it is the time for me to stop dreaming.

Just completed secondary application here. I know it is late but hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

hold onto hope guys, I just got a II 1 week ago and I was complete back in September. OOS 3.6 cum 3.4 sci and 30 mcat

hold onto hope guys, I just got a II 1 week ago and I was complete back in September. OOS 3.6 cum 3.4 sci and 30 mcat
When is the earliest available interview date?

March... When did you get the II? I think it is the time for me to stop dreaming.
I got my interview invitation on January 9th.. and when I called to schedule the earliest available interviews were in March

I just scheduled my interview today for March 25th. Does anyone know if they will still have space available then? Does this school run late?