New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was nervous too, after about five business days without receiving a confirmation e-mail or letter, I called the office, they were really great and confirmed they received it and told me my seat was reserved and my letter with further instructions was sent, and few days afterwards I received it!
They've already sent out acceptances for DPC?

Members don't see this ad.

3.5 gpa, 32 MCAT. Because of extenuating circumstances, haven't turned in secondary yet. What are my chances if I send it in this week? (March 4th) Applying late reduces my chances, but by how much?

I would second most of what everyone else has said here if you are concerned about the cost of applying, otherwise why not? You already technically applied anyways so its not like you are saving yourself from being deemed a re-applicant. Also your stats are really good so you are definitely in the range of getting an interview invite. In addition to this I have heard they interview REALLY late and that they are interviews for actual spots and not a spot on the waitlist. So if you want to rush like a mad man/woman then do it. If money is not an issue then the worst thing that can happen is you do not get accepted and apply early next cycle like you already plan on doing, at best you are a medical student for the class of 2019. Are you local or coming from far away? Cause a plane ticket, hotel, and car rental might be expensive, but if you are close then its really just the secondary application fee.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering, maybe to give some of us hope - has anyone recently actually received an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely sympathize with your paranoia. I figure I'll give them a call soon to check whether they've received my deposit and official transcript.
I sent mine last Monday and still waiting for the confirmation email or letter

Anybody receive acceptance this week? If so what date did you interview?

Accepted today!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3rd week of Feb.

3.5/ 28 mcat. Lots of research and clinical hours.
Accepted today.

Reactions: 5 users
They've already sent out acceptances for DPC?
Nope, not yet, they confirmed my seat in the class, not DPC, but confirmed they received the green envelope

anyone from second week february hear anything yet? im pretty much sitting in front of my mailbox 24/7 at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance letter yesterday! Interviewed second week of Feb.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed on February 13

haha oh man. I've gotten nothing and I live an hour away. guess I didn't get in

haha oh man. I've gotten nothing and I live an hour away. guess I didn't get in

You don't know that yet! Keep in there. We all know that the USPS has its quirks. It also cold be that they are still deciding.

Never surrender until you have that rejection or waitlist in hand. Even then, just restrategize and get back in the fight!

Reactions: 1 users
You don't know that yet! Keep in there. We all know that the USPS has its quirks. It also cold be that they are still deciding.

Never surrender until you have that rejection or waitlist in hand. Even then, just restrategize and get back in the fight!

hahah thanks! I'm a very positive person, but the negativity is just seeping out of me with this process. you guys keep my mind right ;) still hopeful!

What does NYIT look at in regrads to MCAT score and cgpa? did anyone have an mcat score between 28-34 and a gpa of 3.5 to get accepeted?

What does NYIT look at in regrads to MCAT score and cgpa? did anyone have an mcat score between 28-34 and a gpa of 3.5 to get accepeted?

Based on people that posted on this thread, yes.

Based on their website, the average is a 28/3.6.

I'm interviewing here this week! Anyone have advice for the interview? What is the format

I'm interviewing here this week! Anyone have advice for the interview? What is the format

You can read through some of the older posts on this thread on this. It's pretty straight forward! Depending on whether you are in the morning or afternoon session, you will have either the interviews or lunch/tour first.

They block out couple of hours for interview. I had about 8-10 other interviewees and we had about 2 interviewers taking in an applicant one by one for 20-30 min interview. Basically I would prepare by knowing what to say when they ask you why you are interested in medicine/DO/NYIT. Mine was very conversational, I learned a lot about my interviewer and some of the changes they are trying to bring to the school as well. I think they have a set of questions that admissions suggest the interviewers to ask. But my interviewer told me he wanted to deviate from those questions so I guess it really depends on the interviewer for the flow/content of the interview.

It should be pretty relaxing. I think talking with other interviewers helped get the nerves out. Good luck!

on another note, did anyone else hear back from 2nd week of Feb interviews?

nothing hear either. still waiting and hoping

any current first year LDB student here? want to ask a few questions

Nothing in the mail today :((
Anybody else hear from second week of feb?

Last year it was the first Monday of August so I would think this year would be the same

I saw that, too! Class of 2017 started mid August though. I'll update ya'll when I find out from admissions.

Nothing in the mail today :((
Anybody else hear from second week of feb?
It looks like their communications usually arrive toward the end of the week. Maybe Friday/Sat.

Don't lose hope!

Accepted!!!
My pre med advisor called the school and apparently my letter was sent out February 26th....out of all letters to get lost in the mail who would have thought???

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!
My pre med advisor called the school and apparently my letter was sent out February 26th....out of all letters to get lost in the mail who would have thought???

lol how the heck. now you have me paranoid

Accepted!!!

lol how the heck. now you have me paranoid

I like to imagine the scenario where some postman/woman at the USPS is hoarding NYITCOM acceptance/rejection letters. Like not just hoarding them, but they have a throne constructed entirely out of the so-called "silent" recycled rejection letters that no one ever receives. The occasional lost acceptance letters go on their wall, framed in pure crystal.

It probably creates a few awkward moments when a co-worker needs to drop off a weekly delivery report, but hey, you can do ANYTHING with that many medical school acceptances.

Congratulations and Good Luck! Its still not over!

Does anyone ever get rejected here post interview?

It seems once you have an interview your pretty much in.

Accepted!!!
What were your stats and what day did you interview?

Correction!!!
Nothing was lost in the mail...while the letter was written February 26th, it wasn't put in the mail room until March 6th, which was a Friday, and so most likely wasn't sent out until March 9th. Still crazy delay, but at least it wasn't lost!

Keep positive for anyone still waiting!!! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Correction!!!
Nothing was lost in the mail...while the letter was written February 26th, it wasn't put in the mail room until March 6th, which was a Friday, and so most likely wasn't sent out until March 9th. Still crazy delay, but at least it wasn't lost!

Congratulations! I recently interviewed and I'm hoping to hear some fantastic news! I've got at least 2-3 weeks before anything comes in the mail though.

ugh interviewed Feb 13th, hoping to hear back soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Correction!!!

Well that blows my theory haha. I'm really happy for you guys/gals!

Congratulations! I recently interviewed and I'm hoping to hear some fantastic news! I've got at least 2-3 weeks before anything comes in the mail though.

I know that feeling. Fourth week interviewee here. Good Luck!

Just got interview invitation via email on 3/11. 26 MCAT 3.6 GPA

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in!! interviewed third week of Feb, acceptance letter dated Feb. 26. top DO choice!

my buddy who interviewed the same week also got in today!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!! Just got the letter in the mail. It was postmarked February 26th as well.
Since I know people will ask, I interviewed the third week of February, 28 mcat, 3.64 gpa, oos

Reactions: 6 users