New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe they made decisions for the February interviewees and we'll get them in the mail this week. After calling, they keep saying that the file is under review and it's the committee's decision or something like that.

Members don't see this ad.

This is crazyyyyyyy! AHHH at least people are starting to hear back... even though we can't get a direct answer from admissions or make sense of any of this lol :claps: Let's hope we can all look back and laugh about it on the first day of school :nod:

Reactions: 2 users
Called today and was told that I should be receiving something soon. I frantically checked the mail today to find nothing from NYIT. Perhaps tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called today and was told that I should be receiving something soon. I frantically checked the mail today to find nothing from NYIT. Perhaps tomorrow.

When I called today they said I will be hearing soon too, but then when I asked more they said no decision has been made yet. I'm starting to think it's just a generic reply they give so they don't have to answer more questions...

Reactions: 1 user
When I called today they said I will be hearing soon too, but then when I asked more they said no decision has been made yet. I'm starting to think it's just a generic reply they give so they don't have to answer more questions...

Blast foiled again haha, I got too excited to ask any more questions so I did not push it any further. I thought to myself, I interviewed the same week as the person accepted and "hear back soon" implies perhaps a letter has been sent out. FREAK OUT! Then nothing in the mail. Too many ups and downs during this application cycle, whew.

I feel bad asking for more information if they honestly are not allowed to, but I wish admissions would give us a little break here. Some people have deposits at other schools, I for one have no other acceptances, and others just wana get some closure since they rate NYIT higher than their current acceptance.

Again, we got this. Its like running a marathon. We cannot give in yet. Later we will realize that the metaphor applies to medical school and the application process/undergrad was just a "mere" warmup. But hey, they cant break us :D!

Blast foiled again haha, I got too excited to ask any more questions so I did not push it any further. I thought to myself, I interviewed the same week as the person accepted and "hear back soon" implies perhaps a letter has been sent out. FREAK OUT! Then nothing in the mail. Too many ups and downs during this application cycle, whew.

I feel bad asking for more information if they honestly are not allowed to, but I wish admissions would give us a little break here. Some people have deposits at other schools, I for one have no other acceptances, and others just wana get some closure since they rate NYIT higher than their current acceptance.

Again, we got this. Its like running a marathon. We cannot give in yet. Later we will realize that the metaphor applies to medical school and the application process/undergrad was just a "mere" warmup. But hey, they cant break us :D!

Haha I know I just wish they could let us know what's going on so we aren't in the dark, especially this late in the game.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! I interviewed the first week of March. Not quite sure what that means, but just wanted to share the news with all of you! Decisions are coming... worth the wait for me and hopefully for you!

Reactions: 5 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! I interviewed the first week of March. Not quite sure what that means, but just wanted to share the news with all of you! Decisions are coming... worth the wait for me and hopefully for you!

you got it in the mail? when was the mail dated to?

Wooo! Very nice!!! Congratulations :D

On a side note: ssww totally posted this yesterday... So this is really good news for the people discouraged by the admissions calls.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just called admission and although the class is not full they told me that the admissions committee has still not met. The woman I spoke with told me that we should hear next week, but really all we can do is wait. I told her that that is what I have been told for a month now, but she said she didn't have anymore information for me at this time. I interviewed the first week of March, so I have been assuming my decision would be grouped with the last week of February, but I have no clue...... maybe someone else will get different information if they call? :/ this is no fun.

Anywho, if you feel comfortable would you mind revealing a little more information regarding your acceptance? Like your stats, IS/OOS, date it was sent, etc?

Last edited:
Congrats people! Very excited to continue seeing acceptances. Goes to show that not hearing back within 2 weeks doesn't mean anything! Nothing in my mail today either, will check again tomorrow!

On a side note: ssww totally posted this yesterday... So this is really good news for the people discouraged by the admissions calls.

Anywho, if you feel comfortable would you mind revealing a little more information regarding your acceptance? Like your stats, IS/OOS, date it was sent, etc?

Yes, that is why I was so surprised when I checked the mail today with no expectations! I didn't give her my name yesterday, but did tell her the week that I interviewed... I recommend asking them to check by name when you call!!!

I am OOS the letter was dated April 30th! My MCAT was low, but 3.7 cummulative GPA, 3.6 science. I have two Bachelors and a Masters in Public Health with a lot of leadership experience and extra curriculars.... relative is a DO and had a letter from him... not sure how much that matters

Called admissions this morning, a representative told me decisions have been made for late March interviewees, they are sending the mail out tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Called admissions this morning, a representative told me decisions have been made for late March interviewees, they are sending the mail out tomorrow.
Really? People have been getting different responses. Do they mail reject or waitlist letters too or no?

Really? People have been getting different responses. Do they mail reject or waitlist letters too or no?

Last year someone mentioned being waitlisted by snail mail. Have not looked back on this year's thread but I think they send out waitlist letters. They do not send rejection letters to my knowledge though.

how accurate is this? they said this on the phone? so by end of this week or early next week?

Another day. Another chance! Wooo!

I have been accepted since January and you all give me anxiety. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 9 users
I'm going to assume 2nd - 4th week of march was in the same batch. I haven't gotten anything in the mail today either. Hoping it comes this friday!

Keep in there. The waits finally almost over.

Apparently they're literally in the process of sending out letters now.

I'm really hoping early April interview decisions go out soon...it's so late in the cycle that I'm already going crazy at 4 weeks out! I don't know how you guys did 10 week waits!

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance guys. you're all so passionate about this school, so I hope my spot goes to one of you who will enjoy it most! best of luck to you all!

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance guys. you're all so passionate about this school, so I hope my spot goes to one of you who will enjoy it most! best of luck to you all!

Oh no! Well I'm hope your super happy with the school you chose. You got an awesome story. It's so surreal. You were worrying about an acceptance like 10 weeks ago when I started this entire wait.

Oh no! Well I'm hope your super happy with the school you chose. You got an awesome story. It's so surreal. You were worrying about an acceptance like 10 weeks ago when I started this entire wait.

honestly it's been such a crazy road. never thought I'd be here turning down schools I love. I wish you all the best!

Reactions: 4 users
Guys this is so sad it's 1 am and I can't even sleep Bc im so worried and I didn't even remember to eat dinner and I'm not even hungry and I just really want a hug :(

Guys this is so sad it's 1 am and I can't even sleep Bc im so worried and I didn't even remember to eat dinner and I'm not even hungry and I just really want a hug :(

I've learned that being stressed just makes it worse, so justttttt relaxxxxx :hug: :p

I've learned that being stressed just makes it worse, so justttttt relaxxxxx :hug: :p

Haha awww thank you!

No at the moment my biggest concern is that I owe another school 2K tomorrow and if NYIT accepts me and I get the letter on Friday or something I will probably just cry.

The first thing that might help is to see if you can get your mail after its been sorted, but before it's out on the truck for delivery. That will let you know early if it's coming today or not. Then just call them and be super open about your reasons. You have a $2k deposit at another school, you like NYIT more and are really excited about attending. See if you can speak with the director of admissions and obviously do not phrase it, "let me speak to your manager" lol. But more so in a way that you know that they cannot tell you anything and perhaps the director could give you some insight under your special circumstances. $2k is a lot of money, maybe they will understand knowing what is on the line.

I got the opposite problem. I totally have been going to bed earlier than normal. It's like a way of speeding up time haha. Your still in the clear though based on your interview day, right? As a last week of February applicant I am getting more and more concerned that I've been passed over. No waitlist letter though so I'll stick in there until the very end.

Awww thank you! Very kind words and you're really awesome. I hope you hear great news soon :)

(The post office opens at 9 AM and I clearly didn't sleep last night if I'm already awake lmao. I called them yesterday and tried to get the news but they couldn't let me know-- tho the person on the phone was super sweet about trying to check if they could-- so I'm gonna try your plan. Thank you so much!)

I wish I could bake you guys brownies you're all super awesome.

Haha awww thank you!

No at the moment my biggest concern is that I owe another school 2K tomorrow and if NYIT accepts me and I get the letter on Friday or something I will probably just cry.

been there. I hope you hear before! I didn't haha :(

Is it possible to ask the school you owe the deposit for an extension by a few days? I'm envious that you have a guaranteed seat somewhere. I'm Waitlisted at another school and will be crushed if I am not accepted at NYIT. This is not my first time applying to NYITCOM either, and I REALLY don't want to retake the MCAT for several reasons. (I never took biochem, sociology, and scored really well the first time I took it) Either way, congratulations on being accepted elsewhere and good luck for NYITCOM!

Is it possible to ask the school you owe the deposit for an extension by a few days? I'm envious that you have a guaranteed seat somewhere. I'm Waitlisted at another school and will be crushed if I am not accepted at NYIT. This is not my first time applying to NYITCOM either, and I REALLY don't want to retake the MCAT for several reasons. (I never took biochem, sociology, and scored really well the first time I took it) Either way, congratulations on being accepted elsewhere and good luck for NYITCOM!

Omg I really hope you get accepted!!!! And the other school isn't picking up my calls/responding to emails so who knows.

I know I got lucky, 2 weeks ago I wasn't accepted anywhere so I know how nerve wracking it is. My main reason for just waiting on NYIT is that I would save probably 100,000 in living expenses if I go to NYIT. If I'm not accepted here then I really hope the seat went to one of you guys :) you are all really amazing and supportive and I hope you guys are accepted!!!!!!!!

I agree^, I really wanna go to NYCOM and I hope all of us are accepted. if i don't get in, I hope the admission spots go to people who don't have any acceptances yet.

Reactions: 3 users
On a side note...has anyone who applied for the DPC heard back yet?

Just called…they told me that the letters were sent two days ago but they were able to tell me my decision. Got wait listed:meh:

Just called…they told me that the letters were sent two days ago but they were able to tell me my decision. Got wait listed:meh:

Did they mention what interview dates they have decided upon?

I just asked about my date..2nd week of March.

Hang on! You never know, the wait list may move quickly! Do you mind telling us your stats?