New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The secondary is available on the website after you turn in the primary.
Can we submit if we didn't get an official acknowledgement email from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else get a call from them telling you to fill out a secondary and get your LOR in in order to get reviewed? The school personally called me and reminded me to do it and I was surprised.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At least they have my documents, that is nice...

do they send you a complete email when they have everything? I haven't gotten one

yes, last email was the paypal payment.
I emailed them earlier today and that was their response.

complete today....how long was the turn around period for people with IIs?

People only just started getting interviews. I've been complete for a while(don't remember the exact date) and I still have not heard anything. No confirmation, no interview invite, no rejection.

Reactions: 2 users
I paid/submitted everything on Sept. 5th. Still nothing. Is this normal? Should I email?

I paid/submitted everything on Sept. 5th. Still nothing. Is this normal? Should I email?
I was complete before you and I still didn't get anything so I would assume you are okay...

Members don't see this ad :)
For people posting about IIs, please share when you were complete. Thanks!

Does NYIT do pre-interview rejections fairly early? Or do they reject near the end of the interview season?

Does NYIT do pre-interview rejections fairly early? Or do they reject near the end of the interview season?
Have you looked through previous year's threads? That's probably the best way to tell. Let us know what you find out!

Everybody be getting II, I just submitted my secondary today lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, I just submitted my primaries to a few schools to add a few to my list. I was originally done and submitted to a bunch of schools in June...have had three interviews, and am waiting to hear on two of them. I figured I would broaden my horizons to schools I would like to go to but originally didnt have the money to apply at. What do you think chances are, applying right now, kinda of mid-cycle? Can anyone say what my chances may be? Also, anyone from BYU apply here? If so, PM me?

Submitted my secondary on 10/4, submitted my LORs on 10/5...interviews starting in Nov

I think we're good, right?

Hey all, I just submitted my primaries to a few schools to add a few to my list. I was originally done and submitted to a bunch of schools in June...have had three interviews, and am waiting to hear on two of them. I figured I would broaden my horizons to schools I would like to go to but originally didnt have the money to apply at. What do you think chances are, applying right now, kinda of mid-cycle? Can anyone say what my chances may be? Also, anyone from BYU apply here? If so, PM me?

Complete in June with 3 interviews already? I think you're ahead of the game...

Nothing wrong with adding more schools though, I've done the same. I can't really speak on your chances without knowing your stats. However, NYIT has already started sending out interview invites (II) for their interview slots beginning in November.

It has been a month since I am complete. Really hoping for some good news soon.

Does NYCOM only review the primary when deciding interviews? Or do they also consider the secondary? From previous years it seemed like they only looked at the primary and expected you to finish the secondary by the time of your interview. I'm not sure if that's changed.

Does NYCOM only review the primary when deciding interviews? Or do they also consider the secondary? From previous years it seemed like they only looked at the primary and expected you to finish the secondary by the time of your interview. I'm not sure if that's changed.
Someone who applied two years ago told me this too. I am not sure if this is how NYIT-COM still does things, though. I'd like to hear what others have to say.

So there is no portal for this school, correct?

Not including II though, right?

You get your II through email. I don't think you can call them and ask if you have an II or not if thats what you mean

do they send complete emails? my portal says nothing other than when they sent me my secondary

They don't send complete emails nor do they update anything on Portal. Only way to find out about your complete status would be by calling them. As for the earlier question about reviewing secondaries, idk. When I applied last year, I got my II after I had send my secondary

I see that the ratio for this school is largely in state students….does that mean in state applicants have a better chance??

I see that the ratio for this school is largely in state students….does that mean in state applicants have a better chance??
That statistic by itself does not indicate that in-state students have a better chance.

Anyone who's complete early September with good stats still waiting for news?

Anyone who's complete early September with good stats still waiting for news?

Hey Sean,
Keep in mind that NYIT-COM only started handing out II about a wk ago. Since you completed your file in early Sept and have good stats, I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing back from NYIT-COM for a month or 2 if I were you (although I understand this is a nerve wrecking process). Also, if you read last year's thread, there were still plenty of seats left even in Jan/Feb. Good luck!

Reapply. I just want everyone knows that if you get waitlisted after interview, you will probably be rejected.

Reapply. I just want everyone knows that if you get waitlisted after interview, you will probably be rejected.
are you tlaking about this school specifically or in general?