New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Very excited for this school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews have begun, saw some applicants today Good luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone gave an idea of the post-interview acceptance rate?

congrats! when did you schedule your interview?

November 12! I'm pretty sure I got someone's cancelled interview since only other available dates were in January.

For anyone who has an interview invite, how long did it take for you to receive one from the day you submitted your secondary? Been complete since 10/24, so just trying to get an idea of how long it takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who has an interview invite, how long did it take for you to receive one from one you submitted your secondary? Been complete since 10/24, so just trying to get an idea of how long it takes.
I was complete September 12th and received the II email October 21st.

I submitted my secondary a week ago and a half ago and still have not gotten a complete email. All my letters are in though and I got confirmation of payment. How long does the process take do you think to get an email for completion?

I submitted my secondary a week ago and a half ago and still have not gotten a complete email. All my letters are in though and I got confirmation of payment. How long does the process take do you think to get an email for completion?

I would call them because I called them nearly a month after I handed all my stuff in and they told me they don't sent out completion emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone gave an idea of the post-interview acceptance rate?
About 70% of applicants will be accepted and the remaining will be waitlisted....

For anyone who has an interview invite, how long did it take for you to receive one from one you submitted your secondary? Been complete since 10/24, so just trying to get an idea of how long it takes.
It really depends. Last year, I completed on 1/13/2014, however, I received the II on 1/17/2014. Good luck.

NYIT-COM will NEVER send you an e-mail to tell you if your application file is complete or not. You HAVE TO call or e-mail them to double check.

NYIT-COM has a very relaxed interview. Just calm down and be yourself. If you get II, you will have 70% opportunity to be accepted. If you get waitlisted after interview, it is very likely that you will be rejected. The interview is open-file. Generally, the interviewer will ask you to expound your extra-curriculum activities. The campus is gorgeous, and the students are friendly.

NYIT-COM will NEVER send you an e-mail to tell you if your application file is complete or not. You HAVE TO call or e-mail them to double check.

NYIT-COM has a very relaxed interview. Just calm down and be yourself. If you get II, you will have 70% opportunity to be accepted. If you get waitlisted after interview, it is very likely that you will be rejected. The interview is open-file. Generally, the interviewer will ask you to expound your extra-curriculum activities. The campus is gorgeous, and the students are friendly.

EDIT: I lied. I actually had emailed them first about it awhile back, then they responded saying I was complete. it had been so long ago that I forgot I emailed them asking! sry for the confusion

Last edited:
Can anyone who interviewed here comment on their experience?

EDIT: I lied. I actually had emailed them first about it awhile back, then they responded saying I was complete. it had been so long ago that I forgot I emailed them asking! sry for the confusion

What email address did you use when emailing them?

i was complete on 10/24 and got an II yesterday (11/10)! good luck to everyone else who has applied!

just curious, has anyone who havne't gotten an ii call the admission and ask if your file has been reviewed? I want to know so bad... IS and complete since 09/13...

just curious, has anyone who havne't gotten an ii call the admission and ask if your file has been reviewed? I want to know so bad... IS and complete since 09/13...

if it makes you feel better, i was complete around the same time as you and haven't heard anything either

Withdrew my interview invitation today. Hope one of you guys get it!

My school submitted a committee packet, which did not include a Non-science Faculty letter, Does anyone know if I need one??

On the application page it states : "Applicants may substitute evaluations from no less than three faculty members, two of whom teach sciences, if their college lacks a pre-professional committee." and on the secondary it asks for the name of the non science faculty member who is recommending me.

I called them about this very question. Over the phone, I was told that submitting three science letters was perfectly fine. Haven't heard a peep from them since I submitted the secondary, though.

Pwease-can-i-haz-one.jpg
Withdrew my interview invitation today. Hope one of you guys get it!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! OMS-1 here.

Don't worry if you haven't received any II from NYIT-COM yet. Last year, I didn't receive mine until December and everything still worked out. NYIT-COM interviews all the way into April (possibly even May), and based on last year's thread most people got an acceptance if they interviewed before mid-March. So don't worry...I know this waiting part can be a killer. Good luck everyone!

Interviewed here today! Definitely impressed by the school. Interview was smooth.

Hey guys! OMS-1 here.

Don't worry if you haven't received any II from NYIT-COM yet. Last year, I didn't receive mine until December and everything still worked out. NYIT-COM interviews all the way into April (possibly even May), and based on last year's thread most people got an acceptance if they interviewed before mid-March. So don't worry...I know this waiting part can be a killer. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for that! The anesthesiologist I shadow graduated from this school, and has talked about it so much. I would just love an opportunity to interview here

Complete 10/5

Last edited:
Thanks for that! The anesthesiologist I shadow graduated from this school, and has talked about it so much. I would just love an opportunity to interview here
I know an anesthesiologist who attended NYIT-COM too! Are the person's initials A.M.? It'd be crazy if we're talking about the same person!

I know an anesthesiologist who attended NYIT-COM too! Are the person's initials A.M.? It'd be crazy if we're talking about the same person!
Hahaha unfortunately they are N.P. that would have been crazy though

Completed in 10/16 but haven't received an II email.:(.

Completed in 10/16 but haven't received an II email.:(.

dont worry, ive been complete since august 18th and havent heard anything at all. have patience

Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview here Wednesday, and I'm trying to figure how to get there. How do I get to campus from Penn Station? I will not have a car. I see there is an NYIT shuttle, but they say they need an NYIT ID to board. Can I take that as an interviewee?

I have an interview here Wednesday, and I'm trying to figure how to get there. How do I get to campus from Penn Station? I will not have a car. I see there is an NYIT shuttle, but they say they need an NYIT ID to board. Can I take that as an interviewee?

Hmm. I wonder if you can take LIRR from Penn Station with transfer at Jamaica station (get onto Oyster Bay line) and get off at Greenvale station. I think that might be the closest station to the school - you probably have to take a taxi from Greenvale station to the campus though.

http://lirr42.mta.info/

Edit_

This is if the shuttle doesn't work :)

just got an ii ^ ^ complete 2 months ago IS

Do they send out interviews via e-mail or phone call?

have u called and scheduled ur interview yet? when i called, they said the earliest is Feb 4th...
Yeah when I called yesterday they had an opening for Jan 28th. The spots go so quick lol

I'm in shock they're that late into interviews already. it feels like barely any went out on here. guess ill give up on this place lol