New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk what their review process is based on but I just received my acceptance in the mail today!!! I interviewed 11/11!! really fast response
Congrats! Were you in the morning or afternoon interview group?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone from 9/15 get a response lol

cGPA 3.89, MCAT 30, My interviewer asked my biggest failure, my biggest accomplishment, my biggest pet peeve, and then I just slipped in why NYCOM and DO, it was very conversational but thats all I can remember, sorry :(
That was kind of similar to mine... did you have the bald german PhD interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, what type of questions did they ask in your interview? I interviewed around the same time as you and wondering if what they asked makes any type of difference... Thanks!
I live IS, about 6 hours away

I called a few days ago regarding my 9/15 interview, woman on the phone told me that everyone from my day should hear back by the beginning of Dec

Reactions: 2 users
So starting to think that turnaround after interview is related to the interviewer we happened to get that day, and whether or not that person was either really proactive or lax about doing the paperwork after haha

For the people who got <2 week turnarounds, who interviewed you? Same question for those who interviewed in Sept

Reactions: 1 user
My interviewer was a female DO on 9/16... haven't heard back yet

Another day with nothing...Is there anybody else who interviewed in early November that hasnt heard back? I know it is still way before the timeframe they gave, but looking at last year's thread, it looks like if people who interviewed around the date you interviewed hear back and you dont, you end up on the waitlist.

The fact that people who JUST interviewed are getting in and the people from 9/15 and 9/16 haven't heard back yet is ridiculous!!! I live 10-15 min away from the school. I really don't understand

Reactions: 3 users
Another day with nothing...Is there anybody else who interviewed in early November that hasnt heard back? I know it is still way before the timeframe they gave, but looking at last year's thread, it looks like if people who interviewed around the date you interviewed hear back and you dont, you end up on the waitlist.

When did you interview?

I agree with the above post that it may have to do with who the interviewer was...

Awwwwww yeee just sent in my application for the DPC program there, I got a weak ass mcat but the lady said im the first one this year to submit for it, so hopefully that turns some heads

Members don't see this ad :)
So starting to think that turnaround after interview is related to the interviewer we happened to get that day, and whether or not that person was either really proactive or lax about doing the paperwork after haha

For the people who got <2 week turnarounds, who interviewed you? Same question for those who interviewed in Sept

Interviewed 9/15 by the German guy, Dr. Leheste. Haven't heard anything yet.

My interviewer was a short female (well she looked really short, Im 6'1).. and was D.O. , i was asked the same questions: pet peeve, biggest accomplishment, and weaknesses, and why DO? Interviwed 9/24

I don't know if I'm seeing a pattern, oh well, any other conspiracy theories? haha

I was actually curious and checked in with them why November before September ones were even done, they didn't tell me exactly but they hinted they're trying to get a lot later ones done cause holidays are coming up. They're already behind so I guess they don't want to be too behind when they start second round of interviews after the new year. I've been waiting over 9 weeks so the lady really sympathized and tried to assure me well hear back by the end of next week....for the sake of my sanity I hope she's right.
I don't know if I'm seeing a pattern, oh well, any other conspiracy theories? haha

9/15, research guy
Same interviewer! We talked about research for a while and he was happy I asked about it. He was such a nice guy and I felt like we had a really good conversation. I felt my interview went well so don't know why it's taking so long for us.

For people that have emailed in asking about their interview decision and if it was in the mail, what address did you use? Did you email someone specifically or is there a general admissions email?

For people that have emailed in asking about their interview decision and if it was in the mail, what address did you use? Did you email someone specifically or is there a general admissions email?

I used the admissions email and they responded that afternoon [email protected]

Just received my acceptance!!! Only took 9 weeks :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
Would someone who was accepted be willing to call and see if their decision was posted on their actual file...?

I know it sounds weird but just wondering if they're telling me there's no decision on my application because they're being honest or if they just don't regularly update it. Because I know they started sending letters for my interview date.. :(

so i interviewed in September too. I have a feeling if you don't get the mail by now, you are pretty much rejected. And I haven't received my letter yet.

so i interviewed in September too. I have a feeling if you don't get the mail by now, you are pretty much rejected. And I haven't received my letter yet.

Someone got their letter today who interviewed in September......

Reactions: 1 users
I called, they said the September letters are sent out by now and should arrive next week.

Reactions: 3 users
acceptance yesterday, interviewed 9/15

I called, they said the September letters are sent out by now and should arrive next week.
dangg guess it's gonna be one happy or sad thanksgiving friends. either way I'm gonna eat my feelings with a lot of turkey

I took down several numbers of the people I interviewed with. (I usually do this so I can keep up with people so I can know what to expect)
Appears as if nycom has been stringently selecting people on some kind of niche they can fill.
My one friend who was accepted who I interviewed with was a nurse for a few years. Other girl accepted was a PA.
We spoke about our grades and we weren't particularly amazing gpa wise our mcats were alright.
On the other hand this other girl I interviewed with had spectacular stats, didn't really work in the health care field.
She didn't hear back, but instead got accepted to suny downstate.
My guess is they are very partial to health care experience.

Anyone get accepted who doesn't have a ton of healthcare experience?

Any recent II's?
I was complete end of August and heard nothing so far.

Any recent II's?
I was complete end of August and heard nothing so far.
Complete 9/29 and have nothing so far as well.
Little health care experience (40-50 hrs volunteer, 40-60 hrs shadowing)
Seems like a silent reject to me :(

Complete 9/29 and have nothing so far as well.
Little health care experience (40-50 hrs volunteer, 40-60 hrs shadowing)
Seems like a silent reject to me :(

That's quite a low amount of healthcare hours... Maybe you can send in an update about your current amount of hours?

ACCEPTED! Primary Complete in July. Secondary complete in beginning of August. Interviewed Mid september. Received letter yesterday. Letter dated Monday. IS

I Def dont have the insane GPA and MCAT that accepted people have been posting. But i do have numerous publications, clinical and volunteering experiences. So people who think they have borderline stats, do not fear - bc I somehow got in.

I interviewed on 11/12 and got my acceptance yesterday, but it was dated 11/17. My interviewer was a MD Pathologist, super nice lady! I only have 250 clinical hours, so nothing ridiculous!

I interviewed on 11/12 and got my acceptance yesterday, but it was dated 11/17. My interviewer was a MD Pathologist, super nice lady! I only have 250 clinical hours, so nothing ridiculous!

Are you IS? If so how far from the school do you live? Thanks!