New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you positive it includes people pulled from the wait list? I have not heard that before. I guess I assumed it was people who were accepted right off the bat..

I'm like 99.9% sure...but now you have me second guessing myself haha! You could send out a bat signal for Goro if you want.

I can't see how they would be in another category- they were accepted, just went through the extra step of chilling on a waitlist for a bit.

EDIT: @jmt93 also, people get rejected, so I don't think that you can just assume those "200" were all waitlist. There's also gotta be huge variability between schools too, of what % many get waitlisted, accepted outright, rejected etc...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm like 99.9% sure...but now you have me second guessing myself haha! You could send out a bat signal for Goro if you want.

I can't see how they would be in another category- they were accepted, just went through the extra step of chilling on a waitlist for a bit.

EDIT: @jmt93 also, people get rejected, so I don't think that you can just assume those "200" were all waitlist. There's also gotta be huge variability between schools too, of what % many get waitlisted, accepted outright, rejected etc...

Yeah that makes sense actually. But I'm pretty sure from what I have heard from the school that people do not get rejected after an interview. I think it's either accepted, or waitlisted...then possibly rejected after being waitlisted. So I would assume that those (approximate) 200 people are in fact just wait listed if not accepted.

Yeah that makes sense actually. But I'm pretty sure from what I have heard from the school that people do not get rejected after an interview. I think it's either accepted, or waitlisted...then possibly rejected after being waitlisted. So I would assume that those (approximate) 200 people are in fact just wait listed if not accepted.

sigh, I wish that were true. I was actually rejected after an interview at a school :(

But I know what you're saying, a bunch of other schools I'm following do seem to be largely (if not exclusively) waitlisting people. Not sure of how many do this vs. rejecting outright as well. Assume it's a healthy amount of each, since school's do whatever they want haha

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
sigh, I wish that were true. I was actually rejected after an interview at a school :(

But I know what you're saying, a bunch of other schools I'm following do seem to be largely (if not exclusively) waitlisting people. Not sure of how many do this vs. rejecting outright as well. Assume it's a healthy amount of each, since school's do whatever they want haha

Sorry, just to clarify, you were previously rejected from NYIT after having interviewed there or are you referring to a different school? Thanks!

You guys think it's emailing them a pre-II LOI? Been complete since late October and I'm not even sure if I've been silently rejected. I really want to go to this school :(

You guys think it's emailing them a pre-II LOI? Been complete since late October and I'm not even sure if I've been silently rejected. I really want to go to this school :(
They'll just tell you wait till the end of the cycle honestly. LOI are usually written after an interview, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Sorry, just to clarify, you were previously rejected from NYIT after having interviewed there or are you referring to a different school? Thanks!
Different school

For people who sent in their deposit, How long did it take for them to receive it? Do you think the due date of January 8th is postmark? My friend is sending her deposit in the mail tomorrow.

I really just wanna hear from them, even if it's a rejection. I'm tired of waiting and not knowing what I'm going to be doing come the fall. It's pretty messed up they can't get it together to let everyone know, I can't imagine why they're having such issues. Ugh lol

Reactions: 1 user
Officially declined my acceptance today.

Reactions: 1 users
Mine didnt ask me a single thing about my file it was like she never seen my file, i just got asked the standard questions and it was like 10 min. Maybe cause i was the last one to get interviewed. Interviewed 9/22 and didnt hear back yet

did you try and get in touch with them? I'm in the same boat as you, but interviewed the 24th.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you try and get in touch with them? I'm in the same boat as you, but interviewed the 24th.

I interviewd the 24th too,, i havent seen anyone get accepted from our date, so i am like wtf..

Called just now; same reply. I think the person on the other side was pretty irritated.
I think there's a different morning and afternoon person. Every time I called in the morning the person was kinds unhelpful and sounded annoyed with me. In the afternoon whoever was there always tried to help me as much as possible and tried to ease my frustration a bit. I just don't call mornings anymore at all, maybe it's the same person who just didn't have their coffee yet. But for whatever reason the afternoon people are generally more helpful.

I called this morning and asked when I should expect to have a response after interviewing in September. I was told that I should expect it in 1-2 weeks because everyone just got back from break and the admissions committee will be meeting again soon.

The person I talked to did not sound annoyed at all. It was otherwise pleasant.

Hope this relieves anyone who has been waiting as long as I have!

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of activity after that January 8th deposit deadline for those already accepted. Wishful thinking?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of activity after that January 8th deposit deadline for those already accepted. Wishful thinking?
Nah it's perfectly logical. They maybe waiting to see how many people committ before the next batch of acceptences.

Recently got an email to schedule an interview conducted using ZOOM. Is this a video interview? First I've heard of a medical school utilizing such a thing for interviews. Is this school a reputable one?

was this for the Arkansas campus?

Hey guys. Sorry to jump in. I received an II through ZOOM as well for the Arkansas campus. I was just curious, would I still be considered for the NY campus if I turned it down?

Dear NYCOM enthusiasts,

Q: I submitted back in November, took them 15 days to process. I was complete around 11/30. Is that super late?

Stats: 504
GPA: 3.65

I am now beginning to wonder how this will pan out. Any chance I can still get an II this cycle?

I know I'm like the 638293472882 person that's asking this, but is there hope for me? I've been complete since Halloween and I haven't heard anything. I have somewhat decent stats but still on the low side and a great EC's including a LOR from a NYCOM alumni. I live so close to this school and would absolutely love to go here. I've even been considering sending a LOI

Dear NYCOM enthusiasts,

Q: I submitted back in November, took them 15 days to process. I was complete around 11/30. Is that super late?

Stats: 504
GPA: 3.65

I am now beginning to wonder how this will pan out. Any chance I can still get an II this cycle?
I know I'm like the 638293472882 person that's asking this, but is there hope for me? I've been complete since Halloween and I haven't heard anything. I have somewhat decent stats but still on the low side and a great EC's including a LOR from a NYCOM alumni. I live so close to this school and would absolutely love to go here. I've even been considering sending a LOI

They're gonna send out II till March, so still quite a bit of interview dates left. If you finished applying a bit late it might take much longer to get a II since they send them out on a rolling basis. From what I've heard if you're complete much later there's a high chance of getting wait listed. Take that for what you will.

They're gonna send out II till March, so still quite a bit of interview dates left. If you finished applying a bit late it might take much longer to get a II since they send them out on a rolling basis. From what I've heard if you're complete much later there's a high chance of getting wait listed. Take that for what you will.

Thank you Wednesday for the clear-cut response. I've just came across previous posts from last year's thread that sent interviews as late as mid-April. I would love to hear back from them. IS also.

Got accepted to MD school. So i will decline my acceptance offer. Good luck to whoever needs a spot

Anybody complete the criminal background portion of the admission process yet?

Congrats to those who have been accepted and received interview invites! Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to those who have been accepted and received interview invites! Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Sure. I have 3.7/3.7 31 MCAT. I interviewed but haven't received any decision.

Interviewed, no decision yet. 3.9 cumulative, 3.9 science GPA's. 512 MCAT

Some decisions were mailed out Thursday/Friday

So, the next batch should arrive within this week yes?

Yes I called about my status on Wednesday and was told a decision has been made and they were hoping to mail them out Thursday. I haven't received anything yet so I'm assuming within the next few days

4 months later... literally convinced that I'm never hearing back from them

yup, standard "you should be hearing shortly, you just have to wait" reply

Did they say it was still under review? Just asking because if you ask your status specifically they can tell you if a letter has been sent

Last edited:
Did they say it was still under review? Just asking because if you ask your status specifically they can tell you if a letter has been sent

tried this and was told they don't do that, sigh

Did anybody's decision come today? I just got my mail and nothing...

Hmm...Does your voice sound like this man's?

Ted Williams:

Every time I called if David answers or a woman around the afternoon they've always checked for me. I called at 3 yesterday told me my decision was made and they sent a letter.

Every time I called if David answers or a woman around the afternoon they've always checked for me. I called at 3 yesterday told me my decision was made and they sent a letter.

Guess Im calling at 3 today. Good luck with your decision.

And when you receive your mail:

Dear wednesday0012,

We would like to inform you that we have reached a decision regarding your application and that you will be hearing from us soon! Keep checking your mail!

Sincerely,

NYIT-COM Admissions Team

Reactions: 5 users