New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can anyone give some honest insight on my chances here? I'm applying with a 3.4 spa 3.57 cgpa and a 25 mcat, URM with recent (~1year )experience as a translator and scribe and past experience in long term/dementia care (~3 years) .. currently enrolloed in a masters program to start this fall
Once you apply early, I think that you may have a good shot.

Members don't see this ad.

The secondary says to describe any DO shadowing experiences, but my exposure to the DO who wrote my letter of recommendation was in a work environment. I worked as his scribe in an emergency room. Should I note this under the shadowing section, or keep it under paid work experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
The secondary says to describe any DO shadowing experiences, but my exposure to the DO who wrote my letter of recommendation was in a work environment. I worked as his scribe in an emergency room. Should I note this under the shadowing section, or keep it under paid work experience?

Keep it under paid work experience. If it was me, I'd put a note saying something about how you worked for a D.O but didn't shadow in the shadowing experience box.

Any news from this school? My secondary was marked complete 8/6 so I'm not expecting anything yet given how slow everything has been, just trying to gauge if anything should be happening...

So this is probably a dumb question...but everytime I submit my photo it comes out sideways. I've tried saving it sideways and then uploading it that way to see if they switched it to right side up but nope....still sideways! Pretty frustrated right now, anyone else have this problem?

II~ Does anyone know how soon we can schedule the interview? I'd love to schedule it next week.

Congrats everyone- are they offering IIs through email ?

Members don't see this ad :)
II scheduled for 9/15 in the morning session! So excited!

II 9/15 afternoon sesh! I like how I can interview after the info session and campus tour.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to peeps who got II's!! could you guys tell us your stats if you don't mind? :)

I did not just had the payment receipt. But got a II this morning, surprising because I was complete 8/17.

Also, stats for those that wanna know: 3.4cgpa, 3.1sgpa, 509 MCAT, IS

Wow lucky you! I have the same gpa and a 29 mcat, not sure how that compares to the new one but our stats are like identical except in oos

According to some of the MCAT threads I saw on here a 509 is about a 31 based on percentiles but obviously no one knows how the schools are going to compare scores.

II yesterday! 3.6 and 511 mcat, IS

Reactions: 1 user
II today 3.41 cgpa, 3.21 sgpa, 26 MCAT, OOS :D

Reactions: 4 users
I thought they didn't send out the first secondaries until August o_O

I thought they didn't send out the first secondaries until August o_O
Correct, but some of us accessed and submitted the secondary ahead of time via the link. I waited just to play it safe and not lose $80 just incase it didn't go through...

I see. Can anyone shed light on their process regarding timing? I feel like most schools go in the order the secondaries are received but there are people getting invites two days after they submit and some have been waiting two weeks. What does that mean?

I see. Can anyone shed light on their process regarding timing? I feel like most schools go in the order the secondaries are received but there are people getting invites two days after they submit and some have been waiting two weeks. What does that mean?

It means that the process is opaque and we're never going to truly know what is going on with our apps until they tell us. Rolling doesn't always mean apps are reviewed in the exact order they come in.

Or as @Goro would say, "patience is a virtue, instant gratification is not".

Reactions: 1 users
I don't expect instant gratification, but between the process not making any sense and admissions not wanting to give any helpful info over the phone, something's gotta give. Otherwise we're all just going to be paranoid our applications are being passed over or something

I don't expect instant gratification, but between the process not making any sense and admissions not wanting to give any helpful info over the phone, something's gotta give. Otherwise we're all just going to be paranoid our applications are being passed over or something

Trust me, I feel the same way, but thats just how the process is. Hence why we all become neurotic.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an application is complete email for nycom?

looks like II are going out early this cycle.
best of luck everyone!

II just now! First of the cycle!
Complete 7/20/15, LizzyM ~66 (3.36/3.21, 33)

Since we have to call to schedule, what dates have those of you with IIs been getting?

Anyone know what format they use for interviews? i.e. MMI, traditional, or some mix?

Did anyone use interfolio to submit their letters? I am trying to send them via interfolio, but I can't find NYIT on the list of options to send letters. Urgh

Did anyone use interfolio to submit their letters? I am trying to send them via interfolio, but I can't find NYIT on the list of options to send letters. Urgh

I did about a month ago and it was there for me as an option, strange

II just now! First of the cycle!
Complete 7/20/15, LizzyM ~66 (3.36/3.21, 33)

Since we have to call to schedule, what dates have those of you with IIs been getting?

hi did you get a complete email on 7/20?

II , haven't scheduled. Can anyone offer some possible dates they were given so I have an idea before I call tomorrow? Would appreciate it...

next round of interviews available is tues wed thursday the first week of october

hi did you get a complete email on 7/20?

Yeah, I got this message on 7/20:

We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete.

If you wish to add additional information to your application, you may do so by clicking the "Add Additional Information" button at the bottom of the "Review" page. Please note that the additional information utility is offered purely as a courtesy. Any important addendums may be sent directly to the Admissions office in writing.

If you have any questions regarding your application, your application payment, or the admissions process, please contact the College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions department at [email protected].

Yeah, I got this message on 7/20:

We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete.

If you wish to add additional information to your application, you may do so by clicking the "Add Additional Information" button at the bottom of the "Review" page. Please note that the additional information utility is offered purely as a courtesy. Any important addendums may be sent directly to the Admissions office in writing.

If you have any questions regarding your application, your application payment, or the admissions process, please contact the College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions department at [email protected].

thanks!