New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.

so today they sent them out, tomorrow we will receive them?

Members don't see this ad.

so today they sent them out, tomorrow we will receive them?

I suppose it depends on how close you live to where they mail it from.

EDIT: Forgot no mail today

Anyone know the range of dates included in the "mid-September" interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 3 weeks ago and really hope they just send everything out at once.

alright guys lets just relax and let TBT kick in

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!!!!

Secondary Mid 08/15
Interview 09/15

GPA 3.8 (3.91 science) 502 MCAT

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!! Interviewed on 10/13. Wasn't expecting to get good news from them, since I thought I botched the interview day. OOS, 31 MCAT. >3.8 gpa, >3.9 science gpa

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Interviewed on 10/13. Wasn't expecting to get good news from them, since I thought I botched the interview day. OOS, 31 MCAT. >3.8 gpa, >3.9 science gpa
Congrats! I didn't think they were sending out any other letters except September yet, I guess they're sending out all at once and not in batches.

Congrats! I didn't think they were sending out any other letters except September yet, I guess they're sending out all at once and not in batches.

Welp my anxiety just spiked reading that

Reactions: 1 user
I will most certainly be waiting for my mailman tomorrow (friday) :) *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted! Always encouraging to see people with GPAs close to 3.9 being the ones accepted. I'm not panicking at all.....

Just curious did your acceptance mail come as just one sheet of paper? or were there multiple sheets in the envelope?

Just curious did your acceptance mail come as just one sheet of paper? or were there multiple sheets in the envelope?
It came to my parents house. My mom said it was a big envelope with a "book" inside it.

It came to my parents house. My mom said it was a big envelope with a "book" inside it.

Well thats damn stressful lol.
So it I see a small envelope I'm just gonna close my mailbox and burn it down at that point.

Reactions: 6 users
I also hope it's not a system where the hierarchy of mail delivery is stratified based on acceptance, waitlist, rejection as some other schools have done. e.x. people who receive mail yesterday are accepted, waitlist today, rejection next week.

Complete since 9/29
Seems like a random review. Someone got an II from being complete in July after another person got an II from submitting AND being complete in Oct.
The waiting continues..

Anyone know how they look at multiple MCAT scores?
One thread suggest best score from each subsection.

I also hope it's not a system where the hierarchy of mail delivery is stratified based on acceptance, waitlist, rejection as some other schools have done. e.x. people who receive mail yesterday are accepted, waitlist today, rejection next week.
I wouldn't worry. I live kinda close to the school, so maybe for those that live further away from the school it will take longer due to mail time. Honestly, take a deep breath and shotgun a beer. It's friday!

I wouldn't worry. I live kinda close to the school, so maybe for those that live further away from the school it will take longer due to mail time. Honestly, take a deep breath and shotgun a beer. It's friday!

I live instate and have not gotten anything yet so I appreciate anyone worrying with me. But I guess I do live pretty far from the school so maybe we shouldn't worry.

Nope, worrying anyway.

I live about forty minutes away from the school so yeah I'm worrying quiet a bit haha.
so there definitely must be some hierarchy to it.

I live about forty minutes away from the school so yeah I'm worrying quiet a bit haha.
Same, I live about 30 minutes from the school and haven't heard anything yet. I'm worrying the same, since I had a 9/15 interviewees and nothing yet.

Perhaps its alphabetical. Except I'm fairly close to the top of the alphabet.

I bet my neighbor has it but threw it away immediately because she sued the school and lost. Yup that must be it, I figured it out.

im still waiting on my damn mailman lol!!!!
he comes at any time between 11 am and 4 pm drives me crazy

im still waiting on my damn mailman lol!!!!
he comes at any time between 11 am and 4 pm drives me crazy
Picturing you doing this:
abd-4-24-14.gif

Reactions: 4 users
god dam it, i open my mailbox to see a big ass white envelope. I get all excited pull it out.
Damn you Costco for advertising holiday sales at a time like this.

Just got the mail for today, nothing. Interviewed 9/24.

mail comes on saturday's so im gonna have no chill
no chill at all
saturday is gonna be a flashback to high school
all netflix
and no chill

Nothing in the mail so far, I was interviewed on 09/29. Gonna go for a drink and stare down my local mailman next time I see him.

At this point it's out of our control. Not going to spoil my Saturday sweating over this. Besides I work on Sundays, have to make the most of weekend.

OK guys let's all relax. I just called them they said they have been assembling the letters for the 9/15 batch over the last few business days and they're still assembling it. So they've been making the letters only Monday and Tuesday now and sent out a few I guess. The lady told me she really feels for us and knows it's a difficult wait, she from today until the end of next week is when all the letters for the first batch is going out. So let's all relax and not camp outside our mailboxes just yet. I'm sure it'll be OK!

Last edited:
It's so stressful having your parents asking if you've gotten any II's this cycle and telling them you haven't

Nothing in the mail - interviewed 9/15, live about an hour away