New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
i ask him "you got anything good for me?"
he replies
"nah just this spam crap I swear the envolpes get bigger and bigger"
LOLLLLLL finally
thanks everyone for your support

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
he replies
LOLLLLLL finally

Congrats! My mailman let me down AGAIN today haha

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
he replies
LOLLLLLL finally
Congrats!!! My mailman just came right now and I swear I'm stalking him out till he's done filling up the mail for my apartment. This wait has officially driven me crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just went out to the local liquor store and asked for the finest bottle of champagne they had.
he asked what the occasion was and I let him know
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
He gave me four bottles of Kettle One on the house
My hands are still shaking, but now it's time to ease that with a fine beverage
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.

Reactions: 3 users
Just went out to the local liquor store and asked for the finest bottle of champagne they had.
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.
Congrats! I'm still waiting for an II :/. Do you mind if I ask what your stats were and when you were complete? It's fine if you want to abstain though. Congrats, nonetheless!

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
he replies
LOLLLLLL finally

Please tell me you live in Nassau county and not Suffolk county..... *panicking slowly

Also CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Last edited:
nassau county letter dated november 7th

That sounds sooo perfect! Congratulations!!! I'm in Kings County over here hopin for a letter too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted. I really hope I hear something positive on Monday. If not.... :help:

Reactions: 1 users
To anyone who got accepted, how long do you have to pay the deposit/send back any paperwork from the time you get the acceptance letter?

To anyone who got accepted, how long do you have to pay the deposit/send back any paperwork from the time you get the acceptance letter?
The letter made it seem like everyone has a different date they need to submit the forms/deposit but mine is mid January. Anyone else?

Mine is due in january.

Hey all my fellow classmates of 2016, message me and we can group together.
Also I think there is a 2016 group forming on facebook. Haven't reactivated mine yet but I will soon

Congrats to everyone accepted. I really hope I hear something positive on Monday. If not.... :help:
I wouldn't be worried even if you don't get it by Monday. As one of the accepted students mentioned letter is stamped Nov 7th so it took a week to reach. When I called them they said they were making the Sept 15 letters all of last week so it could easily take the end of next week if it's going to be a week transition time in the mail. So far no rejections, so I think everyone is in a good place.

The letter made it seem like everyone has a different date they need to submit the forms/deposit but mine is mid January. Anyone else?

yo pugz shoot me a dm lets get a 2016 group going

yo pugz shoot me a dm lets get a 2016 group going
Not sure if I'm matriculating here yet! Chances are if I get into my state school I will go there instead. I will probably still pay that huge deposit though just incase:(. Are you 100% matriculating here?

I wouldn't be worried even if you don't get it by Monday. As one of the accepted students mentioned letter is stamped Nov 7th so it took a week to reach. When I called them they said they were making the Sept 15 letters all of last week so it could easily take the end of next week if it's going to be a week transition time in the mail. So far no rejections, so I think everyone is in a good place.

Thanks for that information. I am just worried that they are doing it in order of acceptances, wait lists and then .....rejections. :/

ooooooo i thought ur state was NY since you lived in kings county
and yeah I'm most likely gonna pick this school unless nova accepts me
in which case ill be torn lol

Did anyone get letters from the 09/29 interview date?
nope.. I actually called them on Friday and the lady said that decision on my file was not yet made... I'm scared, my stats are insecure 27Mcat/3.8GPA. I hope its not just me...

hey man remember there's always hope.
My cumulative was wayyyyyy lower then yours, so clearly they shop around with people from all walks of life not just those who performed stellar on paper lol

nope.. I actually called them on Friday and the lady said that decision on my file was not yet made... I'm scared, my stats are insecure 27Mcat/3.8GPA. I hope its not just me...

Thanks for the reply! Yeah they must have encountered some issue sending out decisions for October interviews before September. I hope we hear something this week! Let me know if you find out anything more!

Is it true (for med schools in general) that things slow down around the holiday and season and that II's aren't usually offered until January?

Is it true (for med schools in general) that things slow down around the holiday and season and that II's aren't usually offered until January?

I feel as though there are still plenty of interviews to be offered before the turn of the year. I've seen II's and acceptances offered on past threads like the day or so before Christmas. That must've been a nice present.

I feel as though there are still plenty of interviews to be offered before the turn of the year. I've seen II's and acceptances offered on past threads like the day or so before Christmas. That must've been a nice present.
That's definitely a bit reassuring. One of my best friends who applied last cycle told me that schools will generally slow down around the holidays and pick up after New Years. I hope that's not true

hey man remember there's always hope.
My cumulative was wayyyyyy lower then yours, so clearly they shop around with people from all walks of life not just those who performed stellar on paper lol
What were your stats??? Hearing you say that makes me feel I got a chance bext year. Congratulations on being accepted

ACCEPTED! Received letter on Friday the 13th haha, the letter is dated November 10th! I think my deposit is due in January as well, I emailed them today just to make sure.
I interviewed on 09/22, for those who are curious

Has anyone from the city gotten a letter yet? They might be being delivered in the mail by region cause all the people accepted I see are from long Island. Just curious

Interviewed 09/29 (with similar stats to you, @Dusya) as well and did not receive anything in the mail today. My impatience got the best of me and I inquired about my application status through a phone call with the admissions staff and she responded that "a decision has not yet been made" on my application. I explained to her that I was in a little bit of a pickle as I have to respond to an acceptance offer at another school by the beginning of next week although NYIT-COM remains my top choice (and was supposed to have had a decision made within 4-6 weeks of my interview date, not 7+...). The admissions staff was extremely kind and accommodating and told me to write this all down in an email so she could add it to my file and try to get a decision expedited.

Just thought I'd share! Best regards, all - and good luck!

ACCEPTED!! No more than an hour after I submitted that email, an admissions officer called me to tell me "congratulations!" I'm so excited - this is my first choice school! Again, best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!
Interviewed 11/3
Letter dated 11/12
Delivered to my Boston apartment on 11/16

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone please tell me how November and October interviewees got responses before September ppl? I thought the whole point of interviewing early was getting an early response.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone ask admissions if those who were interviewed are silently rejected or are we notified? (Trying to stay positive but just wondering!)

Did anyone ask admissions if those who were interviewed are silently rejected or are we notified? (Trying to stay positive but just wondering!)
I remember them saying they don't send rejection letters. So it might be silent rejections.

Though it might be pre interview rejections, not sure about post interview.

Last edited:
I actually inquired abiut this early last week.
They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year

They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year

Wonderful

Just called them, so apparently not all of 9/15 or September in general decisions have been made. She basically just said wait....yup. Longer wait! :dead:

She also told me you get a rejection letter, unless you're wait listed then they send you a letter much later.

wait until August 15th as in next year?? interviewed 9/15. haven't heard anything yet. IS. Crap I think I'm in limbo. ayo Leo where you at bro

upload_2015-11-17_10-0-52.png

Just called them, so apparently not all of 9/15 or September in general decisions have been made. She basically just said wait....yup. Longer wait! :dead:

She also told me you get a rejection letter, unless you're wait listed then they send you a letter much later.

Ohhh thats a relief. At least we'll know. Good sleuthing

Ohhh thats a relief. At least we'll know. Good sleuthing
Yeah I asked then specifically about my file and they said that they haven't made a decision on my file yet and I interviewed 9/15. So I don't know what order they're doing thes reviews, it's all over the place. I have to put in a deposit for another school, so hopefully they finish up on my file soon.

Yeah I asked then specifically about my file and they said that they haven't made a decision on my file yet and I interviewed 9/15. So I don't know what order they're doing thes reviews, it's all over the place. I have to put in a deposit for another school, so hopefully they finish up on my file soon.
I hope you read these. Might help in your situation:

Interviewed 09/29 (with similar stats to you, @Dusya) as well and did not receive anything in the mail today. My impatience got the best of me and I inquired about my application status through a phone call with the admissions staff and she responded that "a decision has not yet been made" on my application. I explained to her that I was in a little bit of a pickle as I have to respond to an acceptance offer at another school by the beginning of next week although NYIT-COM remains my top choice (and was supposed to have had a decision made within 4-6 weeks of my interview date, not 7+...). The admissions staff was extremely kind and accommodating and told me to write this all down in an email so she could add it to my file and try to get a decision expedited.
Just thought I'd share! Best regards, all - and good luck!

ACCEPTED!! No more than an hour after I submitted that email, an admissions officer called me to tell me "congratulations!" I'm so excited - this is my first choice school! Again, best of luck to everyone!

Dude that sucks, give them a call and see if they could do something to speed it up.

Dude that sucks, give them a call and see if they could do something to speed it up.
I hope you read these. Might help in your situation:
Thank you guys for your suggestions! I did call them and send them an email, they told me they'll see what they can do. But they also told me to put down my deposit for the other school cause they can't guarantee if they'll get to my file in time. So it might be that different people are metting for different interview dates and there's some issues going on with the 9/15 interview.