New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

So excited for this school!

did everyone else just fill out the supplement on their website that didn't have an esssay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow if it wasn't for SDN I would've never known about these things... I love this site! Thanks guys!

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they'll send an email out asking you to complete the supplement. It's not required now to do it.

Secondary submitted. I think it would be prudent to submit ASAP to be seen sooner and improve your chances. @poloboy

Secondary submitted. I think it would be prudent to submit ASAP to be seen sooner and improve your chances. @poloboy

Just received that supplemental application invite. Going to complete it now.

Just got my secondary today! Hopefully third time is the charm!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received that supplemental application invite. Going to complete it now.
It was kind of good timing: I sent the supplemental application and then I got the invite to send it minutes later.

As far as the recommendation portion, if you are using a Committee Letter which includes all of the recommendations from faculty and doctors, do we still individually list them?

Under the experiences where it says list employment, shadowing, and etc... with dates. Do you just list the experience or do you put a description with the activity?

Under the experiences where it says list employment, shadowing, and etc... with dates. Do you just list the experience or do you put a description with the activity?
I listed mine as they were already detailed in my primary.

Why do schools make us repeat this info which has been done and is required by the central application service they take part in?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Why do schools make us repeat this info which has been done and is required by the central application service they take part in?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Maybe the interview is closed file or semi-closed?

@JDWannabe , did you receive any confirmation email from NYIT after submitting the secondary? All I got was the paypal email.

@JDWannabe , did you receive any confirmation email from NYIT after submitting the secondary? All I got was the paypal email.
Same. It stated that it may take up to five days to process the payment and when it clears the supplemental application is complete.

Same. It stated that it may take up to five days to process the payment and when it clears the supplemental application is complete.
How much is the cost of the supplemental application for this school?

Has anyone submitted (and paid) and then went back into the portal to find that it looks like you never submitted and you can make changes to the application? It's been a while, and I sent them an email to ask if they could confirm the submission, but I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone submitted (and paid) and then went back into the portal to find that it looks like you never submitted and you can make changes to the application? It's been a while, and I sent them an email to ask if they could confirm the submission, but I haven't heard anything.

Submitted on 6/23 and have same issue. All I got was the payment confirmation, nothing else.

hey guys, I submitted the secondary for NYIT on the 24th of June, anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back about an interview?

Just received a payment confirmation email that also stated my application is now complete

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
me as well. Any idea when interview invites start up?

So...just making sure, there wasn't really an essay for this secondary right?

So are you guys using headshots for this recent photo? Or just a regular picture of yourself?

So I submitted just my Instagram profile photo of me at the beach. It's still professional because I have a shirt on. You can really use anything.

So I submitted just my Instagram profile photo of me at the beach. It's still professional because I have a shirt on. You can really use anything.

I wouldn't take a risk like that. It does say "Professional Photo." A picture at the beach doesn't sound very professional to me.

Got a secondary. Is there any point submitting a supplemental as an OOS state student for this school? I'm a CA resident

Stats: 3.2 science, 3.4 non science, 3.3 overall, 506 MCAT,

Got a secondary. Is there any point submitting a supplemental as an OOS state student for this school? I'm a CA resident

Stats: 3.2 science, 3.4 non science, 3.3 overall, 506 MCAT,
GPA is low, but MCAT seems fine

For my stats do you guys think I should send it in? Isn't their OOS % low?
If you have the money, yes. However, if you're trying to select schools that fit your mission and to save money, I would probably not do it. I would target in state schools.

Hey everyone,

Two questions:

When asked, "Indicate your extracurricular activities, hobbies and recreational interests:," what should I list other than what is on my application? I have one hobby in my application, and that is Aerobics Club. That EC activity ended when I graduated from undergrad. Should I still list it?

I am currently an avid lifter, but other than that, I am not too sure what other recreational activities are OK here..I want to say that I really enjoy spending time with my family when I get the chance, and cooking for them. Is this appropriate?

Hey everyone,

Two questions:

When asked, "Indicate your extracurricular activities, hobbies and recreational interests:," what should I list other than what is on my application? I have one hobby in my application, and that is Aerobics Club. That EC activity ended when I graduated from undergrad. Should I still list it?

I am currently an avid lifter, but other than that, I am not too sure what other recreational activities are OK here..I want to say that I really enjoy spending time with my family when I get the chance, and cooking for them. Is this appropriate?
I think I talked about fishing, kayaking, and hanging out with my dogs. Thought it might be nice to provide something personal among all of the professional stuff.

Just visited this school yesterday...hoping to get an II soon

Just visited this school yesterday...hoping to get an II soon
Any idea when IIs go out? I thought it wasn't until late august last year.

Hey everyone,

How were you able to send your MCAT score electronically if you sent in your primaries while waiting for your score? I cannot find NYIT-COM on the AAMC score reporting page.

Hey everyone,

How were you able to send your MCAT score electronically if you sent in your primaries while waiting for your score? I cannot find NYIT-COM on the AAMC score reporting page.

You have to release your score to AACOMAS when you do receive it, then AACOMAS will verify and upload it on your app. Afterwards, you need to call each or e-mail each school (like NYIT-COM) and ask them to check your file once more to see if they could locate your MCAT score on your file.

Was there any other follow up email after y'all submitted your supplementary aside from "We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete."?

how long after submitting the supplemental and payment did you guys get a payment confirmation and complete email? I submitted 6/28 and haven't received one. ):