New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how long after submitting the supplemental and payment did you guys get a payment confirmation and complete email? I submitted 6/28 and haven't received one. ):
I submitted before that and haven't gotten one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted on 6/24 and got the payment confirmation + complete email on 7/5.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed on 7/20 and just got the payment received email today and the complete email today. I think they are the same email. Good luck!

Just checked. I was complete early July.

how did you check, is there a portal? I just called and the lady was kinda impatient and said "we don't do status checks over the phone." ):

how did you check, is there a portal? I just called and the lady was kinda impatient and said "we don't do status checks over the phone." ):

There is no portal and I had the same response when I called.

indeed, I never received a payment confirmation or complete email, which is why I decided to call.

Yea I dont think there is a portal. All I got was an email. Sorry I cant be of much help!

Yea I dont think there is a portal. All I got was an email. Sorry I cant be of much help!

not at all, thank you for the information. :)

I just tried paying again and figured the worst thing that could happen is an extra call to my credit card company to void a second charge. and.. received a paypal confirmation right after, sigh.

which means the initial payment probably didn't go through and despite completing the secondary 6/28, I'm probably in the queue for 7/22 now.

not at all, thank you for the information. :)

I just tried paying again and figured the worst thing that could happen is an extra call to my credit card company to void a second charge. and.. received a paypal confirmation right after, sigh.

which means the initial payment probably didn't go through and despite completing the secondary 6/28, I'm probably in the queue for 7/22 now.

I checked my email, and there was an app confirmation there. It was about 2 days after my paypal fee was processed.

So for the secondary where it literally just asks you to copy and paste what you entered for AMCAS/AACOMAS, are you entering just name of the place, dates, and hours? Or are you guys also including your description? Not sure what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
So for the secondary where it literally just asks you to copy and paste what you entered for AMCAS/AACOMAS, are you entering just name of the place, dates, and hours? Or are you guys also including your description? Not sure what to do.

I didnt enter a description for anything. Just listed the same stuff in AACOMAS but with dates.

So what are the secondary prompts? Has anyone posted them yet?

I can't remember at this point but I'm almost positive I wrote an essay for this school?

I don't remember there being an essay... I do remember it feeling like a job application though and literally regurgitating the info from the primary.

So what are the secondary prompts? Has anyone posted them yet?

no essays, just lists of paid/ volunteer/ shadowing/ research activities. also a picture submission.

make sure you get an email confirmation for the payment (I didn't get one and apparently the payment didn't go through). the supplemental can be edited until after nyit processes the payment, then the supplemental is locked.

Argh, mine has been sitting out there since the begining on the month - it didn't go through. Hopefully second time in the charm? 30 secondaries is a lot to keep track of even with my killer excel sheet

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I am starting to get inpatient. I am sitting at home with Bronchitis and just checking portals for all schools.

Is there a place on the secondary to indicate which campus you are interested in? Or does one application cover both?

Anyone get the payment confirmation but no complete email?

Anyone else get a call from admissions?

Anyone get the payment confirmation but no complete email?
This is what I received in an email:

"We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete."

Did you also receive this email? Maybe try checking again

This is what I received in an email:

"We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete."

Did you also receive this email? Maybe try checking again

Ah yes I did receive that email. I just never realized because all of my DO apps are sent to one email and my MD apps are sent to another. For some reason, NYIT sends me emails to the MD email so I must have overlooked it, thanks!

What did they say to you?

I got a call asking if I would be retaking a class. Admission said my application was strong otherwise and even if I update them about not retaking I have a good chance of receiving an interview. The way he was speaking really made it seem like he wanted me to retake this class though... awkward.

I got a call asking if I would be retaking a class. Admission said my application was strong otherwise and even if I update them about not retaking I have a good chance of receiving an interview. The way he was speaking really made it seem like he wanted me to retake this class though... awkward.
Interesting and exciting! May I ask what your stats are?

Added this school to my primary application through AACOMAS like a week ago and still haven't received a supplemental app or even confirmation email. Is that normal?

Added this school to my primary application through AACOMAS like a week ago and still haven't received a supplemental app or even confirmation email. Is that normal?

You fill out the supplementary application on their website

Haha thank God for SDN. They should really send a follow up email. Thank you @sdhere1234 !

They do. I received a confirmation email regarding the receipt of my primary and it included a link to the secondary. With that being said, I had already submitted my secondary prior to receiving the link lol

For the secondary, did you guys include descriptions of experiences or just list them with dates?

Does anyone know if they have a minimum science GPA cutoff?

Contact admissions for the best answers to these questions.

Hey guys! I only applied to NY campus only but just got an II from Arkansas campus..
Does this mean I won't be considered at NY campus? I don't know how I was invited for the interview either..

When did you send in your application and secondary?
Hey guys! I only applied to NY campus only but just got an II from Arkansas campus..
Does this mean I won't be considered at NY campus? I don't know how I was invited for the interview either..

I think you should call admissions for this matter