New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys...

Would it be safe to assume that submissions before September have been silently rejected? :unsure:

Apps are NOT reviewed in a linear fashion.

If you submitted in July with a 3.2 and someone else submitted in August with a 4.0 they will most likely invite that candidate with the 4.0 to interview first. If that candidate decides to cancel the interview or deny their acceptance, etc. and it gets later on in the cycle then the adcoms will most likely re-work their way through the apps that they initially passed over.

You're not out of the game until you actually receive a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Apps are NOT reviewed in a linear fashion.

If you submitted in July with a 3.2 and someone else submitted in August with a 4.0 they will most likely invite that candidate with the 4.0 to interview first. If that candidate decides to cancel the interview or deny their acceptance, etc. and it gets later on in the cycle then the adcoms will most likely re-work their way through the apps that they initially passed over.

You're not out of the game until you actually receive a rejection.

I believe NYIT-COM doesn't send out rejections.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Did you get an II from NY campus after this? I just saw your post and I am wondering if I should just email them straight or call them first..

I just called admissions regarding this, because I really only want to attend the NY campus. She explained to me that I would have to email them and give my reasons for why I would prefer NY, but this forfeits your interview at Arkansas and does not necessarily guarantee you an interview at the NY location. It's a trade-off, I'm doing my due diligence by researching more about the Arkansas campus before deciding that I do not want to go there.

had the interview today was pretty laid back I'd say. Said I will have a decision in 6 to 8 weeks so keeping my fingers crossed!

Did you guys include descriptions of your jobs/EC's in your secondary, or did you only list them?

Thanks! Did you get an II from NY campus after this? I just saw your post and I am wondering if I should just email them straight or call them first..
No, I did not. I'm probably sitting in the applicant pool again, this time for NY campus. I would call them just to clarify!

Thank you all for responding! There's still hope then! If they already saw my app that I hope they have another look see at mine :whistle:
I believe NYIT-COM doesn't send out rejections.

Yea the lady on the phone told me they didn't lol

Did anyone receive an email telling them that they should to apply to this school? Hmmm, strange! lol

Same here. Just tells you how early in the cycle it still is for some schools.

Anyone interview here already and have any advice to offer? Interview is in late October. Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from admissions asking about something on my application coursework. He said they are about to meet and review apps for interviews so they are sending out more today!

Reactions: 5 users
Is frowned upon if I put no preference for the campus on my supplemental application?

Just got a call from admissions asking about something on my application coursework. He said they are about to meet and review apps for interviews so they are sending out more today!

Hope I hear from them today or soon. This is my first choice!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed today- very nice and laid back as previously reported! Hope to get in here :)

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed today- very nice and laid back as previously reported! Hope to get in here :)

Would you mind providing insights into how the day was structured and the format of the interview? Thank you in advance!

Does NYIT send out complete emails? The only email I have received is the one for payment confirmation for the secondary.

Does anyone know the stats difference between touro and nyit?

Hi guys! So I have an interview with the Arkansas campus coming up, and I wanted to know how out of state students....arrived there. What airport did you go to?

Hi guys! So I have an interview with the Arkansas campus coming up, and I wanted to know how out of state students....arrived there. What airport did you go to?
I flew into Memphis and rented a car. It's about an hour drive from the airport to Jonesboro.

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Interview on 11/11. :)

Reactions: 6 users
II email today! Payed on sept. 18, 507,3.5. Pretty excited tbh. 11/8 is gonna be a big day lol

Reactions: 6 users
II email today! Payed on sept. 18, 507,3.5. Pretty excited tbh. 11/8 is gonna be a big day lol
Congrats! Good luck to you, interviewing is always super exciting!
I was going to do 11/8, but wanted to cinch that 11/11 at 11AM hype (but also it's easier to take off work on a Friday than middle of the week).

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, for the supplemental app, did you all just list the experiences you wrote down on your AACOMAS or did you also add in other experiences that you didn't have a chance to put on your AACOMAS. For example, I was a security volunteer for homecoming at my university last year but I didn't put it on my AACOMAS because I only had a chance to do it one year. Since their app asks us to list all volunteer activities, it wouldn't reflect poorly on me if I mention it now, right?

Hi guys, for the supplemental app, did you all just list the experiences you wrote down on your AACOMAS or did you also add in other experiences that you didn't have a chance to put on your AACOMAS. For example, I was a security volunteer for homecoming at my university last year but I didn't put it on my AACOMAS because I only had a chance to do it one year. Since their app asks us to list all volunteer activities, it wouldn't reflect poorly on me if I mention it now, right?
Hey I listed all the experiences I had on accomas and had one or more new things I had done since then. I was called for an interview so I really don't think they will look at it in a negative way

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! OMSII here. Wanted to notify you of an amazing opportunity that hasn't been advertised well enough: NYIT-COM launched a free clinic a few months ago in Central Islip, NY and it has been very successful so far. We perform physical exams for both insured and uninsured adults and it is run by solely by volunteer medical students and physicians. Feels very rewarding to be a part of this effort in helping underserved communities. Look forward to seeing many of you involved with this initiative in the future.
I know it's early, but if interested, feel free to follow us twitter.com/nyitcfc, and spread the word. Best of luck, you will all be awesome!
-- Priyanka

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys....on the secondary, if you have experiences that fall in two categories...which one do you list them in? Example if you have a research job that you got paid for it....list it as paid or research experience?

Good luck to everyone applying :)

Long-time lurker, finally joining the conversation. LizzyM ~65, sent in my secondary 10/03. Good luck everyone!!

Haven't heard anything beyond application complete after I inquired. IS, 514 MCAT ~3.5 undergrad+post-back GPA

Haven't heard anything beyond application complete after I inquired. IS, 514 MCAT ~3.5 undergrad+post-back GPA

When did you apply? It almost feels like they review them randomly, some people got a II a lot sooner and others didn't (with similar stats). I wouldn't be too worried though, it's still fairly early in the cycle.