New York pathology residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interpreter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
which ones are the best? I would guess Columbia, cornell, mount Sinai, and nyu. I am just interested in how these compare with other ones across the country. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Columbia and Cornell are the top 2 in NYC. NYU is also good. I don't know much about Sinai. When I applied to residency, my advisor sat down with me over a couple of meetings to help whittle down the list of my best places to apply. Consider both the name and the type of job you want (academics/research/community). If you go into your advising sessions with a general sense of what you are looking for, they can help you figure out which programs are the best for that.

Any idea about the competitiveness of the NJ programs??

Members don't see this ad :)
which ones are the best? I would guess Columbia, cornell, mount Sinai, and nyu. I am just interested in how these compare with other ones across the country. thanks.

There is a chap on this board who can tell you all about Mt. Sinai (snicker)!

Bumping up this thread, hoping to obtain more info this time...

Does anybody know how the programs at SUNY (Stony Brook, Downstate, Upstate) & Uni of Rochester are?
Besides Mt. Sinai, Columbia, Cornell, how do the others rank? I've heard that since many NY programs soak up IMGs, they're not as good as others and the prospects after finishing one of their programs are slimmer compared to others...

I would say all SUNY programs are low tier university programs. Being an AMG I wouldn't even bother to apply there.
University of Rochester is an upper middle tier university program. Hovewer, don't apply there if you hate snow. You would suffer.

Reactions: 1 user