New York Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picassooo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MS4, Step 1: 225, Step 2 CS: Passed. Step 2 CK: not yet taken, plan on in next few weeks
Enrolled in top 25 med school

I am interested in any of the top 4 NYC programs: Mt Sinai, Columbia, Cornell, NYU

What are the likelihood of me getting interviews at these programs?
Also, anyone with similar Step 1 scores who have gotten interviews at these schools, please let me know your experience! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You're gonna have to pick your top one and do a rotation there IMO. Sinai has been really popular lately but both them and NYU have good rotations and grant interviews if you rotate with them. Heard Cornell rotation was lackluster and only met people who did SICU at Columbia(tough rotation). Columbia will most likely be the most difficult to get from my experience on the trial with the other three being fairly similar since multiple people on the trail had back to back interviews at those three places.

Reactions: 1 user
Are away rotations an absolute must for me to get interviews at these places? Any other advice or anyone willing to share their thoughts/experiences?