New Zealand Dental Registration exams????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shailu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an overseas dentist and wanted to clear the registration exams in New Zealand..... Could any one please help me out with the Information regarding the Syllabus, pattern and material for the exams. Are there any coaching centers in New Zealand for the exams???

Members don't see this ad.

NZDREX, is quite similar to ADC exam.
The first part is written with mcq's and seq, and is taken by ADC. infact it is THE same ADC 1 paper. which has 2 mcq papers of 2 hours each and 80 mcqs and one seq paper with 3 seq's of one hour duration. it covers clinical dentistry topics.
Second part is practical/clinical, it has three parts, in part one there is osce, which is mainly theoretical and may include slides, case scenarios small tasks etc. in part two there is simulated practical on manikins or simulated patients. if they assess u to have show satisfactory performance then they let u sit in the clinical part conducted on actual patients. once u pass all this (in one go) u get NZ registration !

Hi im a dentist from India. Im planning to move to New Zealand. Currently i am in London. I have given the part 1 exam for Uk also prepared for part 2 but wanted to move out of UK. just wanted to know how easy is it compared to UK standards. also whats the passing percent? and if I'm not registered with the NZ dental council can i work as a teacher or in research? sorry about the never ending question list. any help would be appreciated

NZDREX, is quite similar to ADC exam.
The first part is written with mcq's and seq, and is taken by ADC. infact it is THE same ADC 1 paper. which has 2 mcq papers of 2 hours each and 80 mcqs and one seq paper with 3 seq's of one hour duration. it covers clinical dentistry topics.
Second part is practical/clinical, it has three parts, in part one there is osce, which is mainly theoretical and may include slides, case scenarios small tasks etc. in part two there is simulated practical on manikins or simulated patients. if they assess u to have show satisfactory performance then they let u sit in the clinical part conducted on actual patients. once u pass all this (in one go) u get NZ registration !

i am a little confused can u help me out here.
1. if i study for the ADC exam i can clear the nzdrex as well?
2.they both have to be given separately right?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a little confused can u help me out here.
1. if i study for the ADC exam i can clear the nzdrex as well?
2.they both have to be given separately right?
If you clear the ADC exams you are automatically eligible to work in New Zealand.