About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newark-Beth Israel EM Program

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by dochubert, Nov 13, 2002.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. dochubert

dochubert Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am a second year student at St. George's University and am very interested in Emergency Medicine. I am 99% sure that I will be assigned to Newark-Beth Israel for at least my core rotations if not my elective rotations as well. I noticed some very good reviews of their EM Residency program as well as the fact that it did not fill this past year. I was wondering if anyone familiar with the program could tell me if they have any FMG's in their program now or if they have a policy against it. I am a very good student and think that if I have my rotations at Newark-Beth Israel I might have a chance to make a good name for myself. I know this is a little ways down the road, but I was just curious as to their policy toward accepting US born residents from foriegn schools.

Thanks for your input!
  2. dochubert

dochubert Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I was actually able to find out for myself after going to their website (the link in the ratings section of scutwork does not work). They have 1 second year resident from SGU and two third year resident from SGU. Just thought I would pass the info along for abyone that might have been interested.