newbies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meerkat111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interns, are you tired of pimping yet? It seems like all I do is answer questions all day long. So far, got most of it right but I worry that if I don't I will be seen as someone who doesn't know their ****

Members don't see this ad.

i have been generally unpimped until i hit this rotation and then i get the attending who is known for his pimping - i am learning to try to read about things before we round because he is going to ask me some question about something that i did not know and maybe i will not look so lost
but we are three blocks in - they do not expect us to know everything yet (or at least i keep telling myself that)

i have been generally unpimped until i hit this rotation and then i get the attending who is known for his pimping - i am learning to try to read about things before we round because he is going to ask me some question about something that i did not know and maybe i will not look so lost
but we are three blocks in - they do not expect us to know everything yet (or at least i keep telling myself that)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interns, are you tired of pimping yet? It seems like all I do is answer questions all day long. So far, got most of it right but I worry that if I don't I will be seen as someone who doesn't know their ****
Just wondering how you were hanging in there?
Hope things are going better

Posted using SDN Mobile

Asking interns questions allows the attending and senior residents know what your knowledge base is, what they may need to focus their teaching on, and also gives you a guide what to read up on that night. Don't just think of it as "pumping" to make you look bad. Also of you know the answer then they do not need to spend more time going over it.

mommy2three, yep. Doing alright. Got a little confused about ventilator settings in the ICU the other night but, it is not like I ever was taught. Just bought a book on it to teach myself. Overall, I think things are going well.