Newly arrived LOR - assign them to schools that rejected me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am expecting a new LOR coming in from a professor who just returned from her sabbatical. The letter should be done early November. I plan to assign this letter to all the schools that have not made a decision on my app. Is there a need/point to assign them to schools that have already rejected me in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

They have made up their mind. Unless the letter states you are the greatest thing since sliced bread I am unsure if it will have any impact at those schools except bemusement and confusion.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Reaction of AdComs that rejected you after they receive your additional LoR:

Cool story bro.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Reaction of AdComs that rejected you after they receive your additional LoR:

View attachment 210061
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard :laugh:

OP, unless the letter has blackmail/threats/bribes I can't see it making a difference. Nothing wrong with sending it to your other schools though :)

I am expecting a new LOR coming in from a professor who just returned from her sabbatical. The letter should be done early November. I plan to assign this letter to all the schools that have not made a decision on my app. Is there a need/point to assign them to schools that have already rejected me in the cycle?
Unless it says "you're a ****ing idiot for rejecting this student" there's no need.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you really think that the Admissions Dean is going to go running to the Dean screaming "We have revaluate DameJulie as a candidate....s/he has one more LOR!!!!"

??????

Seriously?

Do you really think that the Admissions Dean is going to go running to the Dean screaming "We have revaluate DameJulie as a candidate....s/he has one more LOR!!!!"

??????

Seriously?

. I was so hoping you'd post this response.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Lmao Now with everyone starting to gang up on DameJulie I feel kind of bad.

Eh... I can get what angle questions like that are coming from. It's ok to ask, imo. *shrug*

Lmao Now with everyone starting to gang up on DameJulie I feel kind of bad.

Eh... I can get what angle questions like that are coming from. It's ok to ask, imo. *shrug*
Oh well, at least they haven't started to throw rotten tomatoes at me yet.
Thanks everybody for your answers. :)