Next Step 108 CARS Book - Passages hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FOCUSandEARNit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone been doing these? I'm finding these passages hard and discouraging. Would like to hear other people's thoughts. Did a search and not many comments on level of difficulty.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm not great at CARS, but these are definitely difficult; the first section seemed okay, but the second one is much tougher.
Do you find very few of the questions deal with main idea and most of them require going back to the passage to pick out extremely minute details? Reading the passage for main idea and a GENERAL map hasn't been much of a problem for me, but having to go back for confirming small details (especially for Except or Roman numeral questions) is my biggest time-sink...and this hasn't been as much a problem with TPR or EK. Agree/disagree?
Nevertheless, the difficulty of the passages and the (challenging) detail-oriented questions make it good practice, imo.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the feedback! If you've got any other specific stuff you think we should keep in mind for future revisions, I'd love it if you'd shoot me a PM.

I did the next step cars training, every passage in the book, and scored highest in this section when I took the test. build up your endurance slowly. you can kill CARS if you practice enough