Next Step Bio Practice Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOLA46

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else used this book?

I took the first practice test and got 30/59, 123, 25th percentile. Not the greatest score in the world, but I was cool with it.

After reviewing the test, studying up on weak areas, and brushing up on stratergy, I took the 2nd one today and did horrible. 24/59, 6th percentile.

I'm going to wait a day until I cool off to review it, but this frustrating. I felt good while taking it and understood the passages alot better than the last test. Anyone have any opinions, comments, advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you get the questions wrong? Was it because you did not know the content? Because you misread the question? Because you ran out of time and had to guess?

i haven't gone over it yet, but i didn't run out of time, didn't guess too much, and felt okay about the content.

overall, i was thinking i probably was in the 50 percentile range...just wanting to see if anyone else took this test and found it difficult

I've also done passages from the NS Bio book and I actually found them to be weirdly easy.
Honestly, you don't know the content well enough to apply it. Go brush up on content some more and work on your passage skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
before i do more content review, i'm going to complete the aamc bio1 and bio2 question packs and use their diagnostic tool to focus in on what areas i need more review.

what do you mean by "wierdly easy" ?

I did several of the AAMC passages this afternoon and they were alot different the NSs'. They seem to be alot easier and more straightfoward.

Like really easy lol
AAMC passages where? Their bundle packs aren't that tough honestly. Try doing the AAMC passages from last 3 FL's. Those were pretty difficult but not unreasonable.