NHL Playoffs People?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Dudes, Docs and Dudettes,

First off, a quick public thank you for the PM show of love and support during my banning. I really appreciate those of you who reached out. Mucho obligato to all!!

Anyway, HOCKEY!!!! Picks people...

D712

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
At a Panthers game in Buffalo, but before Zednik got cut, there was a funny anecdote - right in front of us, a Panthers player got hit, and he gave the guy who hit him the finger right there on the ice. It looked funny with hockey gloves on.

And, just for effect, and the Sabres connection:

Clint-Malarchuk.jpg

[YOUTUBE]_CI7c-rxFMU[/YOUTUBE] is a vid with a view of a squirt of blood.

Thanks Apollyon! I've missed the support and camaraderie from all the adherents here on SDN! (see how I did that).

As an aside, I thought at least HOCKEYGUY would reply... ;)

D712

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the Kings 2 up on the 'nucks is going to be a tall order to overcome. The Flyers, on the other hand, are just going to roll. I think the "Creditors" are going to take it from the Wings. And I just hope the Caps lose.

Well, the Kings 2 up on the 'nucks is going to be a tall order to overcome. The Flyers, on the other hand, are just going to roll. I think the "Creditors" are going to take it from the Wings. And I just hope the Caps lose.

Unfortunately, the Flyers are crushing the Pens. Why, Penguins, would you tease me with a great regular season, just to play stupid hockey during the playoffs?

...the kicker is - when the Pens crash out of the NHL playoffs, the freakin' Pirates are the only other game in town...

Unfortunately, the Flyers are crushing the Pens. Why, Penguins, would you tease me with a great regular season, just to play stupid hockey during the playoffs?

...the kicker is - when the Pens crash out of the NHL playoffs, the freakin' Pirates are the only other game in town...

Yeah but an afternoon game at PNC Park with a cold Iron can't be beat. Looking forward to taking my kid there this summer.

And ditto about the Penguins. Just awful.

Just got back from Panthers Game 2. Amazing seats and so much fun for kids, their first playoff hockey experience. Series Tied 1-1. Crowd was out of control. Lots of drama too as we almost handed away a 3-0 lead.

Watching Kings v Canucks now, Luongo yanked for this game, but it's really not his fault.

Yeah, I agree with the Pens assessment, they play great hockey all year and they could very well be done in 2 business days. Before teams that are nowhere near their caliber. Kudos to Phily for the goal scoring and hot goaltending (after a season of strangeness in goal.)

Nobody like a hockey fan!

D712

I'm rootin' for the Blues! I like the way they play. Plus a buddy I grew up playing with is on the coaching staff. Beyond that as long as the Detwat Red Wings lose and crybaby Crosby gets bounced soon I don't care who wins. Playoff hockey is the best.

If I wanted to see toothless crazy people wielding sticks, I would just drive south into Kentucky.

Hi Dudes, Docs and Dudettes,

First off, a quick public thank you for the PM show of love and support during my banning. I really appreciate those of you who reached out. Mucho obligato to all!!

Anyway, HOCKEY!!!! Picks people...

D712

Welcome back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cincy,

Youve summed up my thoughts about football quite exactly. ;-)

Gern,
Thanks!

Good to be back.

This Florida v Jersey series is INSANE. This game (on now) is INSANE.

Game 1: New Jersey opens up a 3 goal lead in Florida, in first period. Panthers fight back to 3-2 but lose.

Game 2: Florida opens up a 3 goal lead in Florida in first period. Devils fight back to 3-2 but lose (empty net 4-2)

Game 3 (on tv now): Devils open with a 3-0 lead in the first period. (Panthers sleeping). By middle of second period, PANTHERS HAVE SCORED 4 UNANSWERED GOALS. Leading 4-3.

Getting so many gray hairs over this series. Sheesh. Unreal hockey.

D712

Currently watching what I hope will be the Flyers sweep of the pitiful Pittsburgh Penguins and I see a Philly fan wearing a shirt that says "Crosby's OB/GYN." Gotta love them Philly fans!

Currently watching what I hope will be the Flyers sweep of the pitiful Pittsburgh Penguins and I see a Philly fan wearing a shirt that says "Crosby's OB/GYN." Gotta love them Philly fans!

I'm flipping back and forth. 4-3 Pens. Man what has happened with these goalies.
They won't last like this. Big game mañana Panthers proving naysayers wrong. Up 2-1 against Brodeur and Devils.

Um, make that 10-3 Pens.

Rangers/Sens game looking like OT...

Later, Kings go for the Sweep. Used to share season tix out at Staples Center. Nice arena.

D712

I'm flipping back and forth. 4-3 Pens. Man what has happened with these goalies.
They won't last like this. Big game mañana Panthers proving naysayers wrong. Up 2-1 against Brodeur and Devils.

2 words: swiss cheese.

OK, in the west:

Blues over the Kings, Preds over the 'Yotes, and the Blues steamroll over the Preds in the conference final.

I can't really prognosticate the east yet, because the Sens and Rangers and the Devils and Florida are too close. I just feel that the Caps are going to lose, but it's all academic as (as much as I f'n HATE the Flyers, full stop) the Flyers are going to the finals.

If the Rangers pull it out, though, they will beat the Bruins, and the east final of the Flyers and Rangers will be the single most exciting series. The cup will be a letdown, as the Flyers will be too loose, and the Blues will play too tightly, and the Blues take it in 6. HOWEVER, if the Rangers take the east, the Rangers win the cup in 5.

The idea of the rangers winning the cup makes me ill. My most hated team being a life long isles fan. But anyway. Interesting picks apollyon.

In the west, Jonathan quick just scalped the Canucks. Halak is going to miss some games, I heard, and while they have two goalies, playoffs are about hot goalies, so I give that one to LA kings...believe it or not. their scorers get some confidence, lookout.

The one setup I don't know much about is preds v yotes. But again did u see mike smith TONIght? Wow. The Blackhawks and their firepower...gone. that's meaningful.
I go Yotes. In 6 or 7.

In the east it's too hard to call. But since I've gone to 30 panthers games this year and have been pulling for them, I'll continue with the love. Theodore is dangerous and clemm can get hot, he is one of the best NHL goalies over last 25 games. Brodeur is a hall of famer but devils have been too soft. Crazy series. Hope panthers win tonight. If not panthers in 7.

Flyers, with their goalie woes, are still strong. And scary. but they gave up 3000 goals to pens, that does't bode well.

Hoping for Ottawa in 7 but back in MSG I hate to say rangers should win.

If that happens, its rangers v Washington (pulling for wash). And panthers v flyers.
Not ideal.
I am really pulling for Ottawa so it'll be
Wash v flyers and panthers v Ottawa. I want Boston dethroned. Holtby is now a legend in Washington, strong work.

If I had to pick it now, and it's so hard having a team I follow in it, and with bryzgalov being so moody (awful tending against pens, brutal) id say rangers if they get past sens in east vs LA in west. No one is hotter than quick. If rangers lose its wide open in east. Anyone can do it. Panthers, bruins. Wash. Flyers. If Bruins do win against Caps, I say Thomas gets hot and it's them out of East.

La kings for stanley cup championship. long shots!!! :)

Last edited:
My dream match-ups for the second round in the East are still possible:

1. Rangers vs. 6. Devils (old school rivalry reborn)
2. Bruins vs. 5. Flyers (three years in a row meeting in the second round, plus a chance for the Flyers to get their revenge)

If it doesn't work out that way, then I'd still like to see the Flyers go through Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals on their way to the cup, that is if Bryz can break the Flyers' goalie mold of being terrible in the playoffs. Whatever happens I will still proudly wear my Flyers O.R. cap for the few months remaining for my training in Boston!

OK, in the west:

Blues over the Kings, Preds over the 'Yotes, and the Blues steamroll over the Preds in the conference final.

I can't really prognosticate the east yet, because the Sens and Rangers and the Devils and Florida are too close. I just feel that the Caps are going to lose, but it's all academic as (as much as I f'n HATE the Flyers, full stop) the Flyers are going to the finals.

If the Rangers pull it out, though, they will beat the Bruins, and the east final of the Flyers and Rangers will be the single most exciting series. The cup will be a letdown, as the Flyers will be too loose, and the Blues will play too tightly, and the Blues take it in 6. HOWEVER, if the Rangers take the east, the Rangers win the cup in 5.

Bryz doesn't handle pressure well. He's been being covered by them scoring tons of goals, but the Pens did not play a play-off level of defense and they can't count on that in the 2nd frame.

I'm going to go darkhorse and say that LA comes out of the West. Their best players are scoring and have shown a level of toughness that was missing through much of the regular season. Plus, Quick is the truth.

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!

The Kings have Carter and Richards who made the finals as an 8 seed just 2 years ago. It's a shame they didn't have a decent netminder that year or they would have won the Stanley Cup. The Flyers lost games 2 and 6 in the finals due to bad goal tending!

My dream match-ups for the second round in the East are still possible:

1. Rangers vs. 6. Devils (old school rivalry reborn)
2. Bruins vs. 5. Flyers (three years in a row meeting in the second round, plus a chance for the Flyers to get their revenge)

If it doesn't work out that way, then I'd still like to see the Flyers go through Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals on their way to the cup, that is if Bryz can break the Flyers' goalie mold of being terrible in the playoffs. Whatever happens I will still proudly wear my Flyers O.R. cap for the few months remaining for my training in Boston!

Haha. Keep wearing that cap! wear it through Copley stop on the green line for extra credit! :)
D712

Bryz doesn't handle pressure well. He's been being covered by them scoring tons of goals, but the Pens did not play a play-off level of defense and they can't count on that in the 2nd frame.

I'm going to go darkhorse and say that LA comes out of the West. Their best players are scoring and have shown a level of toughness that was missing through much of the regular season. Plus, Quick is the truth.

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!

That's right. Pulling for cats. No more rats being sold at bank Atlantic though.
Devils fans ruined that for us. BOO

See JET!!! There are other sports aside from pro football!!!!!

You should lace em up and hop on the ice dude!

D712

Three game 7s between today and tomorrow! Hockey at its best.

I have to pull for:

Ottawa
Washington
Panthers!!!

D712

Three game 7s between today and tomorrow! Hockey at its best.

I have to pull for:

Ottawa
Washington
Panthers!!!

D712
That would be best for the Flyers to make it to the finals, but that would ruin the excitement of the Rangers/Devils and Flyers/Bruins second round slug-fests. Flyers/Caps would be a great second round matchup though!

That would be best for the Flyers to make it to the finals, but that would ruin the excitement of the Rangers/Devils and Flyers/Bruins second round slug-fests. Flyers/Caps would be a great second round matchup though!

How about Rangers/Flyers 2nd round... an equal slugfest...

D712

Tonight's Caps v Bruins game 7 will surely be a low scoring goaltending masterpiece like the rest of the series. I predict 3-2 Caps in OT. : )

(probably means it'll be 5-1 Bruins)...

D712

If you mean the Rangers vs the Flyers, the only place that would happen is in the 3rd round (conference finals).

Not true. If Boston and Florida win their series (ranked 2 and 3) the top seeded Rangers (1) get the "bottom" seeded (5) Flyers in second round (conference semi-finals).

D712

Wow. What a game and what a goal! Not to mention goaltender interference. Ha. Bruins dethroned 2-1 in OT.
:)

Not true. If Boston and Florida win their series (ranked 2 and 3) the top seeded Rangers (1) get the "bottom" seeded (5) Flyers in second round (conference semi-finals).

D712

Not according to the NHL.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

Second round in the East is Caps vs Sens/Rangers and Flyers vs Devils/Panthers.

Teams are not reseeded between rounds.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

Second round in the East is Caps vs Sens/Rangers and Flyers vs Devils/Panthers.

Teams are not reseeded between rounds.

Teams are absolutely reseeded, LOLOL. That's just a poorly thought out graphic. Keep watching that graphic and you shall see how it pans out.

;)

D712

Last edited:

Last edited:
Rangers win, so as top seed, they will play Caps, lowest remaining seed, in 2nd round.

Panthers/Devils winner plays Flyers...

Apollyon, really? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You said that BEFORE the Caps beat Boston, hysterical. :laugh::laugh:

If you mean the Rangers vs the Flyers, the only place that would happen is in the 3rd round (conference finals).

I still think you don't understand the basic concept of reseeding. So you looked it up, I get it.

Let me help you:

Scenario 2 (which could have happened WHEN YOU POSTED: Rangers Win (1), Boston Wins (2), Panthers Win (3), Flyers Win (5)... guess who the Rangers would have played after THAT reseeding?

Flyers.

You also said the NHL doesn't reseed after each round, which is clearly wrong. :rolleyes:

Just by thinking you knew the guaranteed outcome before the teams played each other reveals you don't understand the process. The rest of the hockey world was awaiting the outcome of Caps/Boston/Panthers/Devils.

Here's some reading for you to help you through the rest of the playoffs, this give the possibilities from a couple days ago. (when you wrote your post). See how the combinations are figured out? That's called Reseeding.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...nthers-advance-scenarios-0424,0,3997673.story

Sigh.

D712

Last edited:
It's moments like these Apollyon that require a significant amount of Zen.

ScreenShot2012-04-26at104147AM.png

D712

Last edited:
Yes, you are a dick. Alternately, as another person put it, you are a d-bag. You just don't know when to (or can't) shut up. You are tactless and graceless, and are quite a schmuck if you need "moments of Zen" for such a trivial thing.

You reveal (again and again) why I am not the only one that finds you to be an insufferable prick.

Yes, you are a dick. Alternately, as another person put it, you are a d-bag. You just don't know when to (or can't) shut up. You are tactless and graceless, and are quite a schmuck if you need "moments of Zen" for such a trivial thing.

You reveal (again and again) why I am not the only one that finds you to be an insufferable prick.

Please stop Apollyon.

D712

Some people's buttons are SO easily pushed.

In this case, though, the person is simply a poser and a dick.

edit: what happened to "zen"? And, if you are a dick, and I respond, the onus is on you to stop. And, see, if I was you (which I am not, thank God), right now, I would be condescending snd insufferable.

Some people's buttons are SO easily pushed.

In this case, though, the person is simply a poser and a dick.

edit: what happened to "zen"? And, if you are a dick, and I respond, the onus is on you to stop. And, see, if I was you (which I am not, thank God), right now, I would be condescending snd insufferable.

You're clearly after me here Apollyon, and all I'm going to do is turn the other cheek.

You have:

1) Violated TOS
2) Been inflammatory
3) Harassed me
4) Admitted to pushing buttons and genuinely not acted appropriately.

I've reported you to the mods.

Zen,
D712

Status
Not open for further replies.