NHL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdo96

In a perpetual state of wanting pizza
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else a hockey fan? This Stars vs Blues game is giving me a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I think @katashark may be into it?

I could be super petty and start tagging Canadian SDN :p

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the Stars. Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Pens fan here, and super bummed that being on call meant I couldn't stay up to watch Game 6 last night.
True. But at least your game 6 is going a lot better than my game 7 currently. How can the Stars do so well up until playoffs and then suck so badly against the Blues? Ugh.

They're taking a page out of the Cowboys play-off book.

They did in the 90s, I think. But, yeah, not so much in recent history.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been playing since I was 4 but living on the west coast and following an east coast team (go pens) means the playoffs are the only time I can really make excuses to follow NHL games and have people really understand because PLAYOFFS.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a huge hockey fan! (Go Bruins!) But I haven't been able to watch any off the playoffs this year due to my crazy final semester of undergrad :( that and the basic cable package at my apartment sucks lol

BF grew up playing hockey, even went to junior olympics. He tries his hardest to teach me about it, but I just don't understand it. Like Kata though, we (mostly him) are loyal coyotes fans.

I mean, were you really putting all of your eggs in the Maple Leaves basket?

LOL no. Canucks and Flames are my two teams. The Leafs are a massive joke here haha. Or maybe everywhere??

Anyway, any of you guys hear about the massive fight between Vancouver and Calgary a few seasons ago? Every player on the ice was fighting within 3 seconds of the game starting

LOL no. Canucks and Flames are my two teams. The Leafs are a massive joke here haha. Or maybe everywhere??

Anyway, any of you guys hear about the massive fight between Vancouver and Calgary a few seasons ago? Every player on the ice was fighting within 3 seconds of the game starting

Hahah good! And yeah, Leaves are a joke everywhere. And yeah! My brother told me about that game. That's just rough. What even happened after that? Did everyone get 5 minutes for fighting?

Anyone else super excited for the World Cup of Hockey??

Pittsburgh born and raised (well 40 min outside) means Pens fan all the way! Vs the caps was a great series; can't wait for more playoff hockey.

There were a few notable line brawls between those two teams that season. For that one (IIRC in a January game) Tortorella (coach) got involved after the period too, IIRC he got suspended. Lots of game misconduct and major penalties handed out too. I was a USA Hockey referee during that season (in northern California) and we had a big round-table discussion about it at one of our seminars cause it was a really interesting thing to discuss from a reffing standpoint.

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be a Caps fan now that I'm a Marylander. But, well, Bruins FTW... Although I tend to watch college more than anything else.

Hockey is my lifelong favorite sport and I've been a Penguins fan since probably before I was born (born in Pittsburgh, raised with three older brothers also born there). Needless to say, these playoffs have been pretty phenomenal for me so far. I'm happy to see so many other Pens fans on here!

ETA: @WildZoo when you start at UTK come down to the clinics and find me so we can talk about hockey. There aren't enough fans here in Tennessee (although the Preds are helping).

I'm coming to UTK in July too and would love to have some people to watch hockey with!

Please not the sharks. I live outside the bay area and these people are the worst bandwagon fans I've seen in my entire life.

Please not the sharks. I live outside the bay area and these people are the worst bandwagon fans I've seen in my entire life.

I'd rather have the Sharks than the Blues. And I feel you with bandwagon fans. There are so many "Blackhawks" fans in Dallas that weren't there before they won the cup.

hey now, I lived in northern CA and played hockey in the bay area for 8 years and all the Sharks fans I know are thick and thin fans. Maybe you just know dumb people.

I'm a little partial to the Blues in that series just because they've been so futile for so long. Either way, the fact that one of those two teams is definitely gonna be in the Finals is kind of mind blowing.

"That was a bull**** technicality." - My flatmate after the denied Drouin goal.
Yes, but it was a bull**** technicality in Pittsburgh's favour. So I'm okay with it.

"That was a bull**** technicality." - My flatmate after the denied Drouin goal.
Yes, but it was a bull**** technicality in Pittsburgh's favour. So I'm okay with it.

It wasn't at all a bull**** technicality - offsides is offsides and you aren't allowed to score on an offsides play. Your flatmate is a dumb hoser.

It wasn't at all a bull**** technicality - offsides is offsides and you aren't allowed to score on an offsides play. Your flatmate is a dumb hoser.

Penguins.....BOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :ninja: :panda: