NHSC Application 2016 is Officially Open!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just to be clear, does the roles tab being added mean anything at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
So just to be clear, does the roles tab being added mean anything at all?

Perhaps it's my way of coping, but I don't think it means anything. Last year, Flashes23 said his portal never updated with a roles tab and he ended up a recipient. He said it never changed even after accepting the award. This was also the case for Myce and Jttran.

So...who knows really.

Last edited:
There was also one that never had a credit check but had a portal change to include the roles tab.

Reactions: 1 users
How can it still be quiet. Isn't this the week!?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Last year it was on a Thursday, so I'm gonna guess we will hear tomorrow. Having faith!

Reactions: 1 user
Tuesday, not Thursday...but things seem to happen on Tuesdays or Thursday's, so I'm still going to have to go with tomorrow.

can you apply to NHSC while you're in dental school or can only pre-dents apply who have been accepted?

If we don't hear anything today, I'll seriously die.

Reactions: 4 users
The wait is such a killer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhere deep within the halls of HHS, someone is cackling to themselves, "We're not even releasing the scholarship list until the end of August, suckers."
At this point, I don't know what would be worse, not getting the scholarship or waiting until the end of August to find out.

I broke down and called. The lady I spoke to said we should hear something no later than September 30th. Thanks for the info.....

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? They had the nerve to say sep 30th hahaha

Are you kidding me? They had the nerve to say sep 30th hahaha

I know right. I was like, yeah I know that's the date they publicize but in the previous few years it has been announced around this time in July and I was just wondering if that would be the case again. She was clueless really. Absolutely clueless.

I know right. I was like, yeah I know that's the date they publicize but in the previous few years it has been announced around this time in July and I was just wondering if that would be the case again. She was clueless really. Absolutely clueless.
They usually are

I think in previous years they sent out finalist e-mails as late as 8 pm. So there is still a sliver of hope for today!

So if none of us get one today.... Give up? Or is it actually going to be tomorrow ?

I'm hoping tomorrow, but now my hopes and dreams have been shattered. Although credit checks were done 3 days later this year than last, so who knows when. Hopefully tomorrow, but I'm going to guess Tuesday.

not that my guess actually means anything.

Just in case anyone is wondering, last year I received my finalist email on July, 23 at 2:40 pm eastern time. Good luck to everyone!

Just in case anyone is wondering, last year I received my finalist email on July, 23 at 2:40 pm eastern time. Good luck to everyone!

You da real MVP.

So they do more than one round of finalist emails? Most of the finalists were notified on the 21st last year and you said you were notified on the 23rd.

Last year I received my Application Update "Action Required" email on July 21 at 2:08 pm, but did not get my official finalist/award offer email until July 23 at 1:40 pm. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone!

Last year I received my Application Update "Action Required" email on July 21 at 2:08 pm, but did not get my official finalist/award offer email until July 23 at 1:40 pm. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone!

That just gave me more of an anxiety for their emails. I checked my status so far still "under review".

image.gif

Just curious.... besides those folks who had their credits checked and/or have the "role" tab in the portal. Who (like me) does not hear or see any updates? (don't be shy)

Just curious.... besides those folks who had their credits checked and/or have the "role" tab in the portal. Who (like me) does not hear or see any updates? (don't be shy)
yours truly...

I have a feeling we won't hear back until September...

I got a finalist email!!!!!!!!!

..... is what I hope to be saying soon if NHSC stops taking there sweet time

This was a calculated, evil post. That said, I thought about doing something similar but you beat me to it.

My heart sank to my toes when I saw this. Jerk.

Sorry haha, Just trying to lighten the mood

Reactions: 2 users
I got a credco check on Thursday 7/21. I'm visiting from the PA thread since no one is posting over there.

Reactions: 2 users
I got a credco check on Thursday 7/21. I'm visiting from the PA thread since no one is posting over there.
Dang... I guess this means I missed the second round of credit checks :(

I'm just glad our classes start this week and my mind will have something else to be consumed by.

I'm just glad our classes start this week and my mind will have something else to be consumed by.
I still have 2 weeks until orientation. I think im just going to binge eat and check SDN every 13 minutes.

We started classes last week and I still cant get my mind off it haha, I check this page religiously in class when I should be paying attention