NHSC Application 2016 is Officially Open!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my credit checked by Credco 6/14 . Just checked it through equifax... had to pay the $15.95 to see it but I saw it! Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the scholarship?

My credit score is not the best, but it's good.
are you disadvantaged?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my credit checked by Credco 6/14 . Just checked it through equifax... had to pay the $15.95 to see it but I saw it! Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the scholarship?

My credit score is not the best, but it's good.
Idk about good chance but it means you have a chance :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are hilarious. I'm not in here much because I currently studying for nbde part 1. I picked the avatar bc he's a ninja Doctor. I'm have an extensive Martial arts background plus I'm in dental school. Simple as that. And yeah I'll probably use the stethoscope in my office at some point. I definitely don't Wanna be the doc who just puts people in the chair and then forgets bld pressure, heart rate, etc, and then kills someone from extracting a tooth. As for NHSC. I'll just sit back and see. I didn't get it last year so maybe things will change for this year.

You guys are hilarious. I'm not in here much because I currently studying for nbde part 1. I picked the avatar bc he's a ninja Doctor. I'm have an extensive Martial arts background plus I'm in dental school. Simple as that. And yeah I'll probably use the stethoscope in my office at some point. I definitely don't Wanna be the doc who just puts people in the chair and then forgets bld pressure, heart rate, etc, and then kills someone from extracting a tooth. As for NHSC. I'll just sit back and see. I didn't get it last year so maybe things will change for this year.

Not a big deal. I made an innocent assumption and some other guy had to be smart about it. Wear a stethoscope and save the world for all I care. Good luck on your NBDE.

Two more weeks til we hear something!

Im studying for nbde part 1 too! one week ! Good luck :)

The sad thing about this wait is that I'm sure they've already made their decisions.

Reactions: 3 users
Hoping for your guys' sake that a credit check means that you have like a 90% chance of getting it. That's the percentage I got from personal messaging people from previous years and compiling the statistics!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for your guys' sake that a credit check means that you have like a 90% chance of getting it. That's the percentage I got from personal messaging people from previous years and compiling the statistics!
Wow! I like where your head is at.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a couple of emails from HRSA today. They definitely got my heart racing before I opened them and they were just announcements from a webinar and deadline for loan repayment. Either give me good news or put me out of my misery already!

Got a couple of emails from HRSA today. They definitely got my heart racing before I opened them and they were just announcements from a webinar and deadline for loan repayment. Either give me good news or put me out of my misery already!
Am I the only one who did not get these email?

Nah, it probably depends on what alerts you signed up for. I didn't get them, but I didn't turn on any notification alerts.

He's right. I've been getting webinar reminders and what not periodically ever since I made an account.

Hey Floss,

Do not have too much to expand on. Spoke with someone at NHSC earlier over a different question but she noted that due to the rolling offer process, they have already recently started giving out some awards and will continue up until September 3o.

Hey Floss,

Do not have too much to expand on. Spoke with someone at NHSC earlier over a different question but she noted that due to the rolling offer process, they have already recently started giving out some awards and will continue up until September 3o.
I'm not doubting that they told you that, but I do doubt if it's accurate considering no one on here or on the DO forum have reported any contact. I will be interested to see if anyone does actually come out to confirm.

I'm still thinking most will receive a finalist email on the same day and if it is on the same basic time table as the last few years, much like the credit check was, then it will probably take place some day next week.

I'm not doubting that they told you that, but I do doubt if it's accurate considering no one on here or on the DO forum have reported any contact. I will be interested to see if anyone does actually come out to confirm.

I'm still thinking most will receive a finalist email on the same day and if it is on the same basic time table as the last few years, much like the credit check was, then it will probably take place some day next week.

I too will have to agree with Ukalum, as last I check, everything is done non-rolling basis. Including application review, credit check and base on last year, finalist email. It was pretty much done one step at a time but altogether for those selected.

Those were all of my thoughts too, along with the idea that while the staff is very pleasant when you call, it doesn't seem like those answering the phone know much about this specific program (lots of different info from calls in past threads). If offers started to go out, it would be odd that no one on this or the DO forum would've gotten a notice.

Maybe the ones who are SOOO disadvantaged actually received the scholarship, but that they don't even own a computer to type on and tell us. You guys ever thought about that? Hmm..

Maybe the ones who are SOOO disadvantaged actually received the scholarship, but that they don't even own a computer to type on and tell us. You guys ever thought about that? Hmm..

No... Because that sounds ridiculous

Reactions: 1 users

I wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic since the applicant used a computer (probably a dozen times) to prepare their dental school app, complete secondary apps, confirm interviews, confirm acceptances, and complete their NHSC application. They obviously have access to computers.

On second thought, it had to be sarcastic. Lol

I wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic since the applicant used a computer (probably a dozen times) to prepare their dental school app, complete secondary apps, confirm interviews, confirm acceptances, and complete their NHSC application. They obviously have access to computers.

On second thought, it had to be sarcastic. Lol

^ You understand me.

^ You don't understand me.

Reactions: 1 users
^ You understand me.

^ You don't understand me.

Apparently I did not. But sarcasm used in context with text is hard to understand when you're not a native English speaker.

I'm a PA student, disadvantaged, credit check 6/14. The portal says "the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 8:00 PM to approximately 10:00 PM EST Monday July 18, 2016." Hopefully this means they may be posting finalists Monday night!

You guys literally have nothing to do

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yep I'm on break and this scholarship is very important to me.

Absolutely no reason to feel bad about caring. I think we'll know by the end of the week for sure. I'd like to know before I start next week.

Last year by this time some applicants had a tab "roles" next to "log out" on their application. Anyone?
I do not have it.

I have it.

It says NHSC SP Applicant. It has been there for quite a while though.

Last year by this time some applicants had a tab "roles" next to "log out" on their application. Anyone?
I do not have it.
I'm pretty sure they debunked the significance of any specific tab. Several finalists last year said their portals never changed to contain any new tabs.

Yep I'm on break and this scholarship is very important to me.

Of course it's very important to me too. I already have a ton of debt on my shoulders. I was just laughing bc suddenly the notifications starting rolling in on sdn. I'm patiently waiting.

Of course it's very important to me too. I already have a ton of debt on my shoulders. I was just laughing bc suddenly the notifications starting rolling in on sdn. I'm patiently waiting.

So you did have your credit checked after all?

Does anyone mind telling me what this is? What is an NHSC? I applied for federal aid and unfortunately didn't get any because of the large pool of applicants and since it was "first come first serve"

Pretty sure my chance is gone by now... or should I say "since June"? It's my second time already. There are way too many people applying in these recent years.