NHSC Details?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PACtoDOC

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is a NHSC scholar know anything about the average pay at most of the payback sites for FM? I am just wondering if you can expect to make average for your field. I can't find anywhere that states that you can expect to make average pay, so it concerns me to think that you could get stuck taking a position that is really lower pay, without much a of a negotiating position. Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

MATT-I've looked into this too because I am thinking about FP. the pay is independent of the scholarship, so it's nl range for the specialty in the area.apparently, the key is not to mention the nhsc when you apply so they don't try to bargain a lower salary. after all the paperwork is signed you notify nhsc and they hook you up.

That is pretty much what I was told as well. However, many of the posted jobs go by the GS payscale which is a nightmare for docs. You have to submit for all these other annual pays to help bring you up to average. Base salary for an FP on GS scale is 65-95. I really just need to find someone who has been through it. Thanks.