NHSC scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TEETH2424

CanineSoFine
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is on the NHSC scholarship or knows anyone with this scholarship?

I am applying to dental schools now and considering applying for the scholarship next cycle...anything anyone has to say about their experience with the scholarship so far would be much appreciated!

I know there's also a separate loan repayment program through the NHSC - thoughts about that program are appreciated too!

Members don't see this ad.

I read about it for a bit.

I got the impression theres a lot of paperwork and red tape. And doing the separate loan repayment program instead of the scholarship, gives you more location flexibility. You can do as little as two years with the scholarship which is nice. And procedures typically can be a bit more narrow in terms of range and difference due to the issue of money. I personally want to do a wide range of procedures and learn as much as I can during my first few years. I was really attracted to the 2 year program when I was looking into it.

Do a search on this forum regarding NSHC. Theres lots of posts floating around.