NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received an official email, but I logged in this morning and my application status was listed as 'approved'. Renewal application to NIDA - CR.
CONGRATS!! That is awesome news. Glad to hear people are getting funded.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else heard from the NICHD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from NIMH/Pediatric????

I applied to extramural NICHD and received requests for loan docs in early June. When my docs were cleared they said they would make funding decisions by late July but no word as of today.

Congrats to those that have been funded!

I applied to extramural NICHD and received requests for loan docs in early June. When my docs were cleared they said they would make funding decisions by late July but no word as of today.

Sounds like NICHD might be later, at least that's what I'm hoping
Please update when you are notified. I'm checking the website too often.
Glad to hear people are getting funded!! Congrats!!

Starting to lose hope too. I might be one who received financial review but not funded.

Have you heard anything yet from NICHD? I'm also at NICHD and nothing yet.

This is the response I received when I inquired about funding notifications (received Monday 8/3):

"Thank you for your email. The NIH Institutes have not made funding decisions at this time. We anticipate decisions to be made in the coming weeks. Everyone will be notified via email when final funding decisions are available

Best Regards,
Division of Loan Repayment | 866.849.4047 | [email protected]"

I received financial review in mid-May (IC: NIMHD).

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard anything yet from NICHD? I'm also at NICHD and nothing yet.
my application still says "pending review". this is so frustrating!!!!

Anyone hear from NHLBI yet? I am in another group and someone just heard from NIAID but not sure if she is peds or adult. It was her second year applying

my application still says "pending review". this is so frustrating!!!!
Still pending review. Losing hope each day. A notice of no funding would be humane.

If you look at the conversations from last year, people heard anywhere from early august to late august with positive responses. I think the latest positive response was 8/31 last year and it was from NHLBI. Did everyone on this thread get financial review? I received financial review in May

If you look at the conversations from last year, people heard anywhere from early august to late august with positive responses. I think the latest positive response was 8/31 last year and it was from NHLBI. Did everyone on this thread get financial review? I received financial review in May

I received notice for financial review late May. I'm applying for a renewal. First time I was funded, notice was sent July 27th (NICHD). Last years notices were likely late due to sequestration. Some ICs have sent out notices for funding already this year. The ICs do send out notices at different times so really it is a guessing game and calling the help line is worthless.

If anyone has a working relationship with a PO due to another grant it may be worth reaching out to them to get the scoop on timing of funding decisions. I have a K99 under review at NIMH but unfortunately my LRP is at NICHD so I can't be of help. If both grant were at the same IC I would totally contact my PO and ask her/him about my LRP.

When everyone hears positive or negative please let us know. My status still says pending review.

I'm still pending review at NICHD for renewal.

I would think you would hear back sooner this year than we did last year. Last year our application due date and review was delayed by a month or more due to the sequestration. Hopefully for you, this will mean a more expedited response on you app.

Good luck!
Did you get funded last year with a late notice from NICHD? Just trying to gauge how late a notice might go out. Thanks!

Well, I went to log on this morning and was told my password was for a previous application year. So I'm guessing it's all done now and I was that small minority that got a financial review and no funding :(
Did you end up getting funded? Trying to determine how late notices went out. Thanks!

Did you get funded last year with a late notice from NICHD? Just trying to gauge how late a notice might go out. Thanks!

I did get funding last year from NICHD, and it was later than other institutes (sometime within the last two weeks of August, I don't remember the exact date). My portal status also updated well before I got an email notification.

Reactions: 1 user
My fingers are crossed for everyone who is still waiting for a response. I received a financial review in early May and was starting to lose hope, but my funding status changed to "approved" last night. My application was with NIMH.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Mine is still pending review. I wish there was a hard date where it was yes or no. Or two dates like a first round and a second round. I am NHLBI

Okay, so here is the round up so far. People have reported approvals at the following ICs:
NIMH, NIAID, NIDA-CR, NIDDK-CR

Okay, so here is the round up so far. People have reported approvals at the following ICs:
NIMH, NIAID, NIDA-CR, NIDDK-CR
Thanks for organizing! This is very helpful.

My status switched to approved today!! NICHD-Clinical.

Reactions: 3 users
Mine just changed to approved this afternoon too! I am clinical research at NICHD for a renewal.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats guys!! If anyone hears from NHLBI please pass it along!! Still waiting :oops:

Just got approval (status change, not email) from NHLBI (CR).

Same here, just changed to approved for nhlbi-cr

Congrats to everyone who has received approvals!
Has anybody heard from NIMHD?

Status changed to approved from NHLBI as well!!!! Wooohoooo

Congrats to everyone who has received approvals!
Has anybody heard from NIMHD?
I'm still waiting on NIMHD.... I'm really hoping they update soon because my checking behavior is getting a little out of control. lol

I've been lurking. I'm waiting on NIMHD, as well. This is my third time applying, and first time receiving financial review. My fingers are crossed for everyone.

I am also still waiting to hear back on a first time application for NIA.

Sigh. This is getting a bit ridiculous. Come on, already!

I just checked the status of my application and it says "Approved!" (NIMHD first time application).

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, no. Mine still says "pending review." This can't be good...

Mine is also still pending. *sigh* you win some, you lose some. Time to start that next application!

NIMHD LRP approved today when I logged in. No official email yet. 2nd time applying for clinical research but the 1st time that I received a financial review. Good luck to everyone out there! I was told when I called a few weeks ago that notices would be sent through mid-Sept. Don't give up hope yet!

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! Some colleagues who applied last year did not get notified until September.

I'm curious about the mechanisms through which NIMHD awardees were approved, thus far (e.g., Clinical Research, Health Disparities Research, etc.). It looks like at least one person is being awarded through the CR mechanism.