NJMS v. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stripes47

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice about which to choose? I liked NJMS-they seemd down to earth, adn have anice problem based curriculum. Also, they're much less expensive. But, Einstein has a better reputation. Is teh reputation worth it though?

Members don't see this ad.

How much of a price difference is it going to be?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,

wow...ur lucky to have that type of choice

umm...njms is a good med school and u are getting more money but talking to doctors they tell me prestige factors in a lot into what residency u can get...and Einstein is definitely more prestigious...plus its located in a better city ;). it's up to you but considering Einstein is actually giving u 25,000 i'd take that...best of luck and i know you'll succeed no matter where u go

While it is true that Einstein has a better reputation,and very strong affiliated hospitals it is not a super prestige name which would be more likely to impact residency options.If you really like NJMS and would be happy there then I would not be too concerned.The residency match list from NJMS looks pretty good in terms of competive specialties and hospitals. http://njms.umdnj.edu/education/admissions/2006_match_results.htm
If going to a more well known place means a lot to you and the extra $$ would not be a big concern then Einstein is a great choice.I agree you should be fine either way.