NMAT results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRquackquack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when will the NMAT results come out?

Members don't see this ad.

DRquackquack said:
when will the NMAT results come out?

I called the center, they said those who took it here in the Philippines either last week of january or first week of feb. call them end week of jan to check i was told.

took the exams las dec 12, have jitters man. God bless

can someone walk me through the process of taking NMAT here in California...I dunno where to take it, what they need, and etc. please help

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my NMAT in New York in October 2004...I believe the next ones that will be in America is on October 2005...for New York and Los Angeles I believe. But others might know of one coming soon...but i think it's in the philippines if there is one.

[hi FRIENDS
i am intrested to study in philippine and i heard abt angeles school of medicne so any one out there guide me what is fee structure and i need to give nmat so what to study and what books to refer\
if any one has information abtbthis then its request to guide me asap,,
thanks
sweetrose

pls mail me nmat website and also the syllabus if any one has it
thanks
sweetrose

mt nmat score just came in and i got 92 percentile. problem is i only applied to pgh. what are my chances for admission? i'm currently cum laude standing but will that offset my low nmat score? what was the lowest nmat score you know that was accepted for admission in pgh? i'm losing hope right now because many says they only consider at least a 96 percentile for admission.

psyched_up said:
mt nmat score just came in and i got 92 percentile. problem is i only applied to pgh. what are my chances for admission? i'm currently cum laude standing but will that offset my low nmat score? what was the lowest nmat score you know that was accepted for admission in pgh? i'm losing hope right now because many says they only consider at least a 96 percentile for admission.
It's not a matter of NMAT score with their admission as long as you score 90 plus. The problem is that they put their own alumni ahead of everybody else and a lot of them score 90 plus and are also honor students. You still have a shot at it but if you want to study in the Phil. , you should have applied at other schools like UST.

^ from what i know they have specified alumni slots. those alumni slots are filled with students who also met the requirements. there are also slots for regionalization students.

i think it depends. if you're a male, you have a do have a chance... if you're a female, things change, they have set higher standards.

psyched_up said:

Goodluck man!

from the stories i've heard, UP CM only accepts 1-2 foreign grads per year sometimes nil. well, we don't know if that still happens. also to be accepted, u should personally know a physician practicing at UP-PGH, or a faculty member, or who is very influential.

hi!!just wondering what the NMAT was mostly about. Don't worry, I'm not going to cheat my way through the NMAT,after all, I'm still just a 4th year high school student..Anyway, here's the story behind my question: I was qualified for scholarship at DLSU (De La Salle University-Manila) for Human Biology Course (most people say that this is one of the most comprehensive, most immense and most practical courses offered at DLSU - after 3 years, you automatically get to the DLSU-Health Science Campus for med proper but I'm planning to transfer to another med school because DLSU's passing rates in the PLE are quite low compared to other schools)...most probabaly, the subjects to be taken up in this course would be about Human biology so I'm a bit worried that because of such a SPECIFIC curriculum,i might have a hard time taking the NMAT thus limiting me to enter into a more prestigious school, perhaps UST (university of Sto. Tomas) or UP (Univ. of the Phil.).. (do you get my point? i mean, because the course focuses on specific subjects, mainly about the human anatomy and the like, i might have difficulty in the NMAT, therefore making me ineligible to transfer to another school for med proper - universities like UP and UST require, I think, 80-90% in the NMAT) do u think it wud be wise if i take the opportunity of a scholarship for my undergrad program in DLSU or go to UST instead? I passed UST - Biology course, and after all, UST is more recognized as being one of the top pre-med and med schools in the Philippines and even abroad, the problem is, almost every year, 6% is increased in tution and other fees, quite troublesome for a middle-class Filipino like me. By the way, are there any Filipinos here, perhaps those who could speak in Tagalog so that I could better explain what I'm trying to say. I have a YM account - [email protected] PLEASE HELP ME!! :(

darkone said:
hi!!just wondering what the NMAT was mostly about. Don't worry, I'm not going to cheat my way through the NMAT,after all, I'm still just a 4th year high school student..Anyway, here's the story behind my question: I was qualified for scholarship at DLSU (De La Salle University-Manila) for Human Biology Course (most people say that this is one of the most comprehensive, most immense and most practical courses offered at DLSU - after 3 years, you automatically get to the DLSU-Health Science Campus for med proper but I'm planning to transfer to another med school because DLSU's passing rates in the PLE are quite low compared to other schools)...most probabaly, the subjects to be taken up in this course would be about Human biology so I'm a bit worried that because of such a SPECIFIC curriculum,i might have a hard time taking the NMAT thus limiting me to enter into a more prestigious school, perhaps UST (university of Sto. Tomas) or UP (Univ. of the Phil.).. (do you get my point? i mean, because the course focuses on specific subjects, mainly about the human anatomy and the like, i might have difficulty in the NMAT, therefore making me ineligible to transfer to another school for med proper - universities like UP and UST require, I think, 80-90% in the NMAT) do u think it wud be wise if i take the opportunity of a scholarship for my undergrad program in DLSU or go to UST instead? I passed UST - Biology course, and after all, UST is more recognized as being one of the top pre-med and med schools in the Philippines and even abroad, the problem is, almost every year, 6% is increased in tution and other fees, quite troublesome for a middle-class Filipino like me. By the way, are there any Filipinos here, perhaps those who could speak in Tagalog so that I could better explain what I'm trying to say. I have a YM account - [email protected] PLEASE HELP ME!! :(

sent u a pm too!

When are the NMAT testing dates in 2006? Does anybody know?

jokii2ash said:
When are the NMAT testing dates in 2006? Does anybody know?
Here is a schedule from their website. You can email them for the schedule in Chicago and LA.

Test date: April 9, 2006 (Sunday)

Registration Date: February 1, 2006 – March 3, 2006

Registration Center: Center for Educational Measurement, Inc.
24/F Cityland Pasong Tamo Tower
2210 Chino Roces Avenue
Makati City, Philippines

Telephone Nos.: (63 2) 894-5536; 813-3691; 813-3694 to 95, local 106

E-mail: [email protected]

Registration Fee: PhP 500.00 (Bulletin Of Information (BOI), Practice Sets Part I and II)

Test Fee: PhP 1,400.00

Test Site: Manila