No AAMCs left, how do I know where I stand? (PRINCETON REVIEW?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a retaker and I have used all of my AAMCs except 2 (5, and 7) and also utilized the self-assessment package. How do I know where I stand with regards to verbal reasoning now? I enrolled into TPR online course and I took 2 of their FLs (TPR Test 1 and TPR Test 2) - are they reliable indicators?

I need to know if I have improved and when to take it again...

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm a retaker and I have used all of my AAMCs except 2 (5, and 7) and also utilized the self-assessment package. How do I know where I stand with regards to verbal reasoning now? I enrolled into TPR online course and I took 2 of their FLs (TPR Test 1 and TPR Test 2) - are they reliable indicators?

Cheers

Retake them. If you haven't taken one in a while, you will be surprised at how much of it you don't remember. No, it isn't going to be the same as taking a fresh exam, but there is still benefit to be gained from reprising AAMC tests.

Retake them. If you haven't taken one in a while, you will be surprised at how much of it you don't remember. No, it isn't going to be the same as taking a fresh exam, but there is still benefit to be gained from reprising AAMC tests.

Thanks man. I am going to be retaking them for sure but because I did them recently (~1.5 months ago) and I reviewed the verbal section extensively, I am afraid that my scores won't be reflective.. but I will absolutely be retaking them as you said..

My problem is that I am focusing on VR now and I need to know if I have improved (i.e. my current strategy works with AAMC VR)..

I wish I could give you a better answer. I found that I didn't like any of the other sources for test questions. They either were pitched too high or low, or else, worse, tested different competencies than the AAMC. Their questions are very consistent and closely match the actual exam. Hope you get good answers from other folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Cheers

hey, I see you on this forum so often! haha. you've also helped me a couple times.

I am taking the classroom course right now, and my instructor said TPR Test 1 is a little harder than the real thing, and be expected to get a point higher on the real test in each section than on the TPR1. He told us that TPR2 is a little easier, but I dont know to what extent, but in general TPR tests are harder than the real deal.

Reactions: 1 user
hey, I see you on this forum so often! haha. you've also helped me a couple times.

I am taking the classroom course right now, and my instructor said TPR Test 1 is a little harder than the real thing, and be expected to get a point higher on the real test in each section than on the TPR1. He told us that TPR2 is a little easier, but I dont know to what extent, but in general TPR tests are harder than the real deal.

haha many thanks man! I'm glad to hear that because I found TPR Test 1 and 2 both relatively good but it was the "Online Test 1" that I got an 8 on ...

i feel better now, haha thanks!

I never got above a 29 on a TPR test, but my AAMC average was a 32. I found that my tpr scores were definitely lower.

Thanks for making me feel better ! Do you know if in particular your verbal score was also lower than your AAMC Avg? Because I'm only doing the verbal section of these tests

My TPR verbal average was only one point lower, so I am not sure it was significant. Do you have the TPR verbal workbook? I thought it was excellent practice.

Yes, but I unfortunately used the entire workbook for my first take..

I have the ICC book left and these 8-9 TPR tests, and 2 AAMCs

Hello,

Cheers

All you can do is retake, but it won't be an official indicator. Knowing where you stand is important, but if you're averaging where you want to be or a slight-bit lower, you've got no choice but to go in and take it. Have you used the Official Guide to the AAMC and all the self-diagnostic stuff?

Reactions: 1 user
All you can do is retake, but it won't be an official indicator. Knowing where you stand is important, but if you're averaging where you want to be or a slight-bit lower, you've got no choice but to go in and take it. Have you used the Official Guide to the AAMC and all the self-diagnostic stuff?

Thanks man, yes I used them all - only have 2 AAMCs left (5 and 7)