No break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stresssed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any med students out there not able to go home for Thanksgiving break because of upcoming exams and trying to play catch up? Anyone? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at home at the moment, and leave tomorrow to visit the girlfriend. However most of my time is being spent studying rather than with the people I love . . . sigh . . .

Edit: Stupid head and neck anatomy exam almost as soon as I get back . . . what terrific planning!

nope, but I'm not going home because my kids are sick... and even if I were to go, my mother wouldn't be there because she is making a last minute trip to Pheonix to see my dying grandmother whom I haven't seen in 5 years, meaning she hasn't met either of my children or even my husband. Anyway, sorry to be depressing, but it could always be worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
No.

I mean, I've got exams coming up (who doesn't?), but I am going home. Sure, I'm bringing my books and notes, and sure, I'll spend some time studying that I'd rather spend doing other things, but tomorrow morning I will hop in my car, drive my boyfriend to the airport so he can fly home to his family, then drive the two hours it takes to get home. I haven't been home in a few months, and I miss my family.

You can't let this process destroy you. Take a little time for yourself, and things will be okay. Trust me.

Well, home's like an hour away, so I'm going there. I'm actually not planning on studying much this week, either, just because I've been suffering some burnout. Even if you can't go home, be sure to get some relaxation in during the break.

I'm studying this week, but only because my family came into town to visit last week so I took my thanksgiving time off then, except going to classes and dissection. I'm still doing thanksgiving day with friends though which should be fun.

Any med students out there not able to go home for Thanksgiving break because of upcoming exams and trying to play catch up? Anyone? :(

I hope your school is doing some kind of "good" meal for you. Many of the faculty at my medical school would invite as many of the students for dinner that wanted to come. It was a nice touch and you got a free meal that didn't come through the cafeteria (no pressed turkey). You could get free cafeterial pressed turkey if you wanted by showing your medical school ID. :eek:

During my first year of residency when I was post call on Thanksgiving, my program director invited me to his house and fed me roast duck. It was a wonderful thing to do and I forgot about how tired I was. :thumbup:

Sadly I am in the stay at school crowd.

We've got a block of exams - I took Psych today, and will take Neuro Monday then Pharm on Tues. Home is 5+ hours away, and I have to cross the NYC bridges to go home. Too poor to fly.

Oh well.

dc

I'm not a med student yet, but I want to join the club.

3 exams next week, one of which is a final. I have so much to study it's not even funny...:( .

at my program when we work over thanksgiving, the chiefs bring us dinner: real turkey/dressing/cranberry sauce etc. Hey, its the one time of year the chiefs have a heart. Hate to say it but get used to working over the holidays and missing tha family. Except the girl who's grandma is dying, you should go see her.

Hey, I'm on call tonight, will be post-call tomorrow, and by a quirk of fate and a really easy call schedule this month have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.