NO INTERVIEW CLUB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My app at umich says complete but it's not under review yet. Anyone else have this same thing?? I don't know if I should call them tmr morning and ask about my app, I know a lot of schools don't like phone calls like that. Any opinions on what I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow it's middle of October already.

My app at umich says complete but it's not under review yet. Anyone else have this same thing?? I don't know if I should call them tmr morning and ask about my app, I know a lot of schools don't like phone calls like that. Any opinions on what I should do?

Hey if it puts your mind to rest I would call but if you call then ask questions like "I was just calling to ask if there was anything else needed for my application" etc etc basically anything indirect!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Still here with you guys...

Still here with you guys...
Me too. I'm so nervous at this point I'd do anything for an email, even a rejection. Are you pre-dental though? Your account says pre-med

Me too. I'm so nervous at this point I'd do anything for an email, even a rejection. Are you pre-dental though? Your account says pre-med
I'm pre dental, no idea how to change that in my profile so I just left it like that lol. Already gotten 2 rejections so far. You have gotten nothing, not even a rejection? Its still early I think.

I'm pre dental, no idea how to change that in my profile so I just left it like that lol. Already gotten 2 rejections so far. You have gotten nothing, not even a rejection? Its still early I think.

Well I got one semi-rejection from University of Iowa, but their OOS admissions is so low that I wasn't planning on getting in there anyways. Other than that, nothing yet.

What schools did you get rejected from?

Well I got one semi-rejection from University of Iowa, but their OOS admissions is so low that I wasn't planning on getting in there anyways. Other than that, nothing yet.

What schools did you get rejected from?
Nova, University of Michigan, and not sure about OHSU. OHSU sent me a email saying they can't make a decision on my app right now.

Nova, University of Michigan, and not sure about OHSU. OHSU sent me a email saying they can't make a decision on my app right now.
How were you informed about the rejection from Michigan? Are you OOS?

That's the soft rejection from OHSU. Ive never read about anyone in the last 4 OHSU threads getting an interview after getting that email but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Their interviews seem to come from the "competative" emails candidates

Is anyone freaking out right now because I am and I am debating whether or not I should have the mindset of retaking the DAT and applying again next year

Michigan informed me by email last week and yes I'm OOS.
How long after your app complete did you receive the UMich rejection? I have an interview at UDM so I was hoping to kill two births with one stone. Sigh :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after your app complete did you receive the UMich rejection? I have an interview at UDM so I was hoping to kill two births with one stone. Sigh :(

Nice Rickyism haha

I guess i will join this one too ... .

:hello::cryi::hello:

:biglove::biglove::biglove:
YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University
Notified: today 10/11
Interview: 10/24
AA/TS/PAT: 19/18/21
uGPA/gradGPA: 3.37/3.89

I am extremely grateful to have one. I was not expecting any this application cycle!

Reactions: 7 users
YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University

I am extremely grateful to have one. I was not expecting any this application cycle!

BUT you DID get one! Congratulations on the interview you're going to rock it!!

YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University

Why wouldn't you? You have an awesome grad GPa :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Fellow club member here! I have a question: if all of the schools I applied to still have the status "application complete" or "under review" I am still in the clear, right? From my understanding it would change to "rejected" if I wasn't getting an interview???

If it's been more than 2 weeks since the application complete status, it's most likely that the schools have passed you over. A lot of schools don't give a flat out rejection. It is possible that post-December they may re-evaluate your application for an interview, but the chances get smaller.

If it's been more than 2 weeks since the application complete status, it's most likely that the schools have passed you over. A lot of schools don't give a flat out rejection. It is possible that post-December they may re-evaluate your application for an interview, but the chances get smaller.
I definitely wouldn't say if it's been two weeks they've passed you over. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 users
mine is complete too. has not been under review yet.

Just got my first interview today at 3pm! 07/29 mail out date. Don't lose hope guys! I never thought I'd get one

Are there september applicants in this club?

Reactions: 1 users
awesome!
i applied there too but still haven't gotten anything!! :(
Sending a letter of interest might help! I got my Application Complete and Under Review email on July 26, but nothing since then... so I went ahead and sent them an email this Monday, and finally heard back yesterday!

Not even remotely true. I didn't hear back from any school within 2 weeks of my application complete status, interview or not.

Reactions: 3 users
That's because your stats are way above average. Don't be short-sighted that other applicants will have stat like yours.

That makes absolutely no sense. If anything, since my stats are above average, I would've known in <2 weeks if that statement is correct. That makes no sense.

If that statement was remotely correct, explain this to me: Marquette didn't send a single in-state interview out until a few weeks ago. So, according to that statement, all applicants that applied to Marquette in June, July, and August surely shouldn't have received an interview, right? Wrong.

Last edited:
... Uh. First off, excuse me?

Secondly, that makes absolutely no sense. If anything, since my stats are above average, I would've known in <2 weeks if that statement is correct. That literally makes absolutely no sense.

If that statement was remotely correct, explain this to me: Marquette didn't send a single in-state interview out until a few weeks ago. So, according to that statement, all applicants that applied to Marquette in June, July, and August surely shouldn't have received an interview, right? Wrong.
That ysp person has been stirring up trouble on different forums as well. To attack how well you did on the DAT is bull. I hate when people act like a person with a high DAT can't offer advice or an opinion because they can't relate to other individuals with lower stats....

Last edited:
That ysp person has been stirring up trouble on different forums as well. To attack how well you did on the DAT is bull. I hate when people act like a person with a high DAT can't offer advice because they can't relate to other individuals with lower stats....

I agree, I reported their comment to the moderator for its original (since edited) derogatory/racist nature. I'm trying to spread accurate information rather than perpetuate the misinformation that has permeated from their account throughout the forums.

EDIT: This is NOT a dig directed @ZaneKaiser. They were likely misinformed. The other user (@ysp2918tx) has been repeatedly trolling the forums and spreading misinformation, likely, purposely.

Last edited:
I agree, I reported their comment to the moderator for its original (since edited) derogatory/racist nature. I'm trying to spread accurate information rather than perpetuate the misinformation that has permeated from their account throughout the forums.
Makes you wonder what type of dentist this person will be if that original post was that bad.

Yes I would like to know as well.

I basically wrote that I hadn't heard back from them since July 26, so I was wondering if there were any changes to my application. I then mentioned that I really looked forward to hearing back from NYU, and that they were one of my top choices. And that's pretty much it!

Reactions: 2 users
I basically wrote that I hadn't heard back from them since July 26, so I was wondering if there were any changes to my application. I then mentioned that I really looked forward to hearing back from NYU, and that they were one of my top choices. And that's pretty much it!
Thanks for the advice :) I should get on it!

3.3 GPA 20DAT, Tons of research, 2 publications, 3.7 postbacc in upper level biology courses, over 200 hours shadowing at many different clinics, many hours shadowing at GPR resident clinic in my home city, decent number of hours volunteering at state dental clinic, third time applicant, 2 time tennis state champion and president of club tennis at my college. no criminal history or weird stuff like that.
-0 interviews
...this process sucks. I have my own place and a job but have to go see my mom a lot because in the last 5 years she has lost her entire family: mom(liver disease), her little sister(kidney disease), her father(heart attack), and her brother(found in his apartment-questionable causes). Then my brother(her son), a first year radiology resident, just got diagnosed with cancer. So she's completely shell shocked, and so am I. This, on top of uncertainty about dental school, has become like a giant boulder slowly crushing my soul.

3.3 GPA 20DAT, Tons of research, 2 publications, 3.7 postbacc in upper level biology courses, over 200 hours shadowing at many different clinics, many hours shadowing at GPR resident clinic in my home city, decent number of hours volunteering at state dental clinic, third time applicant, 2 time tennis state champion and president of club tennis at my college. no criminal history or weird stuff like that.
-0 interviews
...this process sucks. I have my own place and a job but have to go see my mom a lot because in the last 5 years she has lost her entire family: mom(liver disease), her little sister(kidney disease), her father(heart attack), and her brother(found in his apartment-questionable causes). Then my brother(her son), a first year radiology resident, just got diagnosed with cancer. So she's completely shell shocked, and so am I. This, on top of uncertainty about dental school, has become like a giant boulder slowly crushing my soul.

My heart goes out to you. I wish you and your family the very best. When did you mail out your app? Maybe it's too soon to hear back.

Reactions: 3 users
Michigan informed me by email last week and yes I'm OOS.

I'm confused. I am IS and have not received any emails from Michigan at all. Did they reject me? Will they interview me? I wonder if I need to just call or email them.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you. I wish you and your family the very best. When did you mail out your app? Maybe it's too soon to hear back.
July 15th, but one of my LOR writers took until August 19th to finish. So, I may have been put at the bottom of the stack until they got this final letter, since it was my letter from a dentist.