No interview so far

• Thread starter Deleted member 237747
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 237747

I applied October 2014, so far I have no interview. I have average numbers 3.6 gpa and DAT 20. What is wrong? I see many have invites or interviews already.What are the chances in this cycle? I applied to 12 schools including maryland(my home).

Members don't see this ad.

October is a bit late to apply to get a pre-December interview. Hang tight, you'll probably start hearing from schools in December/January when people start declining offers of admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
avg numbers, late submission not a good combination, but stay optimistic, its not over 'til its over

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview from LECOM Seton? How many students they take. Chance of getting in, is it 1:4 after interview. I am a low MCAT

Maybe it's the fact that you're applying to both medical and dental schools at the same time lol Why would you do that?

Reactions: 1 users
From one marylander to the next, I just want to let you know that maryland is usually notoriously late.

Maybe it's the fact that you're applying to both medical and dental schools at the same time lol Why would you do that?

I dont think they can see if you had applied to medical school or vice versa.

But as a previous med school applicant. I dont see how you can come up with an explanation that will fit well for both medical and dental, especially since he's applying to both this year.

I applied October 2014, so far I have no interview. What is wrong? I see many have invites or interviews already..
That is what is wrong... Not trying to be harsh but you literally did yourself ZERO favors by applying so late. I would have saved the money and applied next year...

I dont think they can see if you had applied to medical school or vice versa.

But as a previous med school applicant. I dont see how you can come up with an explanation that will fit well for both medical and dental, especially since he's applying to both this year.

They will know if the applicant is an honest applicant. AADSAS does ask if you have applied to other professional programs, and the dates in which you applied.

They will know if the applicant is an honest applicant. AADSAS does ask if you have applied to other professional programs, and the dates in which you applied.

If I can tell when I talk to someone, Im sure adcoms can too.

From one marylander to the next, I just want to let you know that maryland is usually notoriously late.
I just want to let you know that maryland is usually notoriously late.
sl7rjH

By looking at every post you have made since joining, it is clear that you have contributed absolutely nothing to these forums.

Last edited:
I started applying in Aug, but my application was complete on Sept 20 as DAT was not officially sent by kaplan for a month(my mistake I did not choose a school). Various schools show various status for me like under review or complete etc. I say Oct to be safe!

Surprised to read here 75% of seats are filled from students that apply in July-Aug, so others who may be equal are left to pick up crumbs. Not a fair process. I will give a try next year!

It's a fair process if you planned out everything months in advance like you should...

I started applying in Aug, but my application was complete on Sept 20 as DAT was not officially sent by kaplan for a month(my mistake I did not choose a school). Various schools show various status for me like under review or complete etc. I say Oct to be safe!

Surprised to read here 75% of seats are filled from students that apply in July-Aug, so others who may be equal are left to pick up crumbs. Not a fair process. I will give a try next year!

Im surprised you didnt know that the dental school admission process has always been time sensitive. As are many medical schools. Which are even more "unfair (in your terms)" due to the early decisions.

And kaplan? Pretty sure ADA is the only authorized DAT administrator, correct me if I am wrong.

But dude, your stats are average. If you didnt get in this cycle it will largely be due to your negligence and didnt submit the application promptly. Try to start applying in May 1st (not August) and get everything in on June 1st next year if you want to be competitive.