No LORs on Secondary Portals? But AMCAS has them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BurghMed

Shaka Bra!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

AMCAS has had my letters of recommendation since mid-June, yet on every school's online secondary portal, all of them say they're not in yet. Is this happening to anybody else?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

it takes a while for schools to receive and download letters from amcas

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing is sent to schools prior to first transmission of apps, which was scheduled for July 1st. Give the school 2-4 weeks (yes I said weeks) after that to update portals at least

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/148170/amcas_2010_faqs-17.16.html

Will all my letters be sent to the medical school at the same time?
AMCAS does not "hold" letters until all are received. Any of your letters that arrive at AMCAS while your application is being processed will be sent to your designated medical schools along with your application once your application has been processed. Letters that get to AMCAS after your application has been processed will be made available to your designated schools as soon as they are received.

Interesting. My AMCAS has been verified for quite sometime, but I guess you're right, it must take awhile (neurotic pre-med not knowing why these things aren't immediately updated..)

Thanks!