Non-CDS Friendly Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am preparing to apply to Audiology Programs for Fall 2014. I have a BA in Linguistics with a minor in Sociology. While I was not a CDS major, I'm not too far from it.

There appear to be two tiers of prerequisites: one tier covering basic courses, like maths, behavioral and physical sciences, and the other tier focusing on courses specific to this degree. I've taken biology, chemistry, statistics, calculus, sociology and psychology as requirements for general education courses in undergrad. For my major, I took courses in phonetics and language acquisition. With that, I don't think I am missing a ton of courses.

I am looking for schools that will allow me to take any necessary prerequisites concurrently with grad studies. I'd rather not add an additional year to the length of the program; and taking courses online or at a community college is not a option for me at this time. Based my research (through ASHA and various school websites), some programs are better suited for students outside of CDS than others.

I have a tentative list of schools to which I'd like to apply, but thought I'd reach out to you all for some insight. To those who don't have CDS backgrounds, what's your experience been like? Are you having difficulty completing prerequisites along with graduate classes? Any school recommendations would be great!

Also, I live on the East Coast but I am open to just about any location.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.