Non-Degree Applicants (+90 semester hours)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am currently in my 3rd year at my undergraduate institution. At the end of this year I will have the minimum of 90 semester hours, and will have fulfilled all other admission requirements. I applied to 4 colleges of optometry and was invited for interviews at all 4 schools. However, I have not been accepted by any of the schools yet. 3 schools have yet to contact me, and one school wants to wait until my final grades for this semester are in before they decide.

So I was wondering how successful other applicants (without a degree like myself) have been. Have many students been accepted already?? Or have the schools told you to send in your grades from this final semester first??

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 4 colleges of optometry and was invited for interviews at all 4 schools. However, I have not been accepted by any of the schools yet. 3 schools have yet to contact me, and one school wants to wait until my final grades for this semester are in before they decide.

what are your grades and OAT scores like? If you don't mind

I was accepted very quickly without a degree. This probably had to do with my stats, so I looked like a great candidate that can handle opt school without a bachelor's to show for it:

GPA: 3.9 (at Loyola University Chicago, a science-oriented university)
OAT: 360
My personal statement was very well-written =)

SUNY and NECO both only require that u have a minimum of 3yrs full time education, not 90+ credits, so thats a loophole u can get away with. with those stats u should be able to get in pretty easily unless u have some factor working against u (bad reference letter, bad prereq gpa, not enough previous optometry-related volunteer/work experience)...