Non-disclosure of the removal of a congenital nevus before MEPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isittoolate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be going in to my MEPS in the next week or so and am worried about something I forgot to disclose in my medical documentation...I had a congenital nevus removed my sophomore year of high school that was determined to be benign. I know that they will see the scar on my stomach during my physical...what is the best way to approach this? It is possible that I can get documentation before my interview, should I bring it with me? I do not want to have to return for another physical, but at the same time do not want to jeopardize my chances in any way. Any ideas?

I want to do whatever the safest, easiest option is; I have already been accepted to a 3 year HPSP scholarship, but because of my situation I was not required to have my physical before my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Get documentation. They're going to ask for it anyway and going without it is just a waste of time.

I will be going in to my MEPS in the next week or so and am worried about something I forgot to disclose in my medical documentation...I had a congenital nevus removed my sophomore year of high school that was determined to be benign. I know that they will see the scar on my stomach during my physical...what is the best way to approach this? It is possible that I can get documentation before my interview, should I bring it with me? I do not want to have to return for another physical, but at the same time do not want to jeopardize my chances in any way. Any ideas?

I want to do whatever the safest, easiest option is; I have already been accepted to a 3 year HPSP scholarship, but because of my situation I was not required to have my physical before my acceptance.
They'll have you re-answer all of the same questions at Meps that you did in your preliminary medical questionnaire. So you'll have another chance to "answer correctly"-some of my answers changed there as well, since they consider wisdom tooth removal a surgery. Bottom line, better safe than sorry, get documentation for it (they're going to ask anyway).
You should talk to your recruiter about this to verify.