NON EU looking to study medicine in Europe (France)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thaalouu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm currently studying health sciences at a four year uni in the US. I am of Haitian descent and have a good base of French (able to hold a conversation, have a well understanding). I am very interested in studying medicine in Europe, specifically France.

My questions are:
How would I be able to take the 1st year exam (PACES) here in the US?

How can I prepare for the PACES/first year exam?

Would I be able to practice in France as a NON EU citizen (eventually wanting to become a citizen)?

I am open to any suggestions and advice about other medical programs across Europe!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you cannot do the PACES in the US. it is after the 1st year of medical school, so must be done in france
yes you can work in France as non-EU though work options are more limited. Once a French citizen, then all EU options are open.

Reactions: 1 user
you cannot do the PACES in the US. it is after the 1st year of medical school, so must be done in france
yes you can work in France as non-EU though work options are more limited. Once a French citizen, then all EU options are open.

Being that I will have my undergraduate degree, could I simply just take PACES instead doing the first entire year?