Non-Rolling Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evansh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools like Yale and Robert Wood Johnson (just the two that come to mind) don't do rolling admissions. Are applicants who submit secondaries late to these institutions at a particular disadvantage in terms of II/acceptance rates? I'm mostly concerned about RWJ, since I've been unable to complete their secondary for a while because my Casper exam crashed.

P.S.: How quickly do most of you turn your secondaries around? I know the standard rule of thumb is two weeks, but SDN usually goes well beyond normal standards. Just curious, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea about the first question, but in regards to your P.S.... the two week rule is not really a thing -but some schools do specifically ask that you turn secondaries around within two weeks (e.g. Cleveland Clinic). There are lots of other threads about turnaround time you can search for.... I'm taking anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks max to turn mine back in.

I think it is still advantageous to get everything in early.

Lets assume a school is capable of handling X number interviews per week. That is their max capacity, and it does not change as the interview season goes on. Also assume that apps come in a bell curve-ish shape - a smaller amount of apps toward the beginning, followed by a big swell, then then a leveling off. Despite the swell, the school can only handle X interviews per week, and presumably wants to start scheduling them. To maximize your chance at an interview, you want to be in the early phase with not a ton of competing applications rather than in the middle of the huge swell of applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user