Non-trad / 26 MCAT / 3.6-3.7 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mspeedwagon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, now that I have an MCAT score, I can (finally) ask: 1. What are my chances? &, more importantly, 2. Any schools that you recommend that I apply to?

I've applied to all SUNYs (my state schools) and that's all I'm planning on for the M.D. end. However, any MD or DO suggestions are welcome. I am very aware that I have a much better shot on the DO end (both given my stats and the fact that it is now October).

Here are my stats: MCAT 26 (9 PS / 8 VR / 9 BS), GPA (DO): 3.77 (3.67 science), GPA (MD): 3.61 (3.55 science). Mixed race (AA/white) / economically disadvantaged applicant. Would like to eventually practice in an medically underserved area.

Ivy grad with extensive experience working in oncology (since 2005) as a clinical coordinator, lead coordinator, research associate, senior research associate. My signature contains a lot more detail. I do have both a DO and MD letter. I am open to going anywhere in the US. On the DO end I have already selected to apply to LMU-DCOM and NYIT (working on their secondaries). I do have several more schools in mind, but just I'd love to hear opinions of more schools to apply to without biasing the responses.

Members don't see this ad.