Non Trad, 3.86s, 3.9c, 32mcat, critique wanted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johhnybravo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have good credentials. What is your state of residence, when are you applying and which schools are you applying to?

Very high chance of acceptance. I'd focus on mid-tier schools with a few reaches and a few safeties, maybe do a 10-5-5 split.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the response. My fiance has a career in the fashion industry. Which limits us on our decision. I will in no way jeopardize her career for mine. We have decided together to apply to schools in Southern California, Southern Florida, and New York. Perfect for her career as they are large fashion hubs. I am a resident of California.

California - UCLA, UCSD, UCI, USC, UCR, Loma Linda, WesternU (DO)
Florida - UM, FIU, FAU, Nova (DO)
New York - Cornell, NYU, Albert Einstein, Icahn, NYIT (DO), Touro (DO)

I will be applying momentarily.

Thank you.

JohnnyBravo
Have you looked at LLU's student handbook?
If you are from the inland empire, I count 3 or 4 MD schools where schools where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. That's rarely enough for a CA applicant with your stats. You might want to swap out Cornell, NYU and Sinai for schools where you have a better chance at an interview. DO's look good, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look into SUNY Downstate for NYC.

Reactions: 1 user
You should be fine for DO. Your MD chances are more uncertain due to your geographical restrictions. You could add Hofstra and New York Medical College in the NYC area and your stats would be competitive for those schools. Even though some of your MD schools are reaches they are probably worth applying to given that there few "safe" MD schools (where you can be reasonably certain you may receive an interview) in those 3 regions you are applying.