Non-trad career changer chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted480308

31 mcat.....12v,10p, 9b

3.2 cumgpa, 3.7 scigpa. (Heavy upward trend since returning to school after a 7 year gap

No research, about 200hrs clinical shadowing, including a nmm DO physician, and good lors from professors

10years pastoring with numerous benevolence and inner city outreach responsibilities, 6 years as construction manager for $50mil in commercial construction

Amatuer endurance athlete, competitive spoken word poet

Florida resident, with goals to go into rural family practice
applying to all the MD's in florida except miami, and then meharry and morehouse (due to my significant work with the underpriviledged)
applying to all the private do's in the southeast, desmoines, marian and western in oregon

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
chances are amazing

I'd say you're fine for any DO program, and I think you're sure to get interviews at some of the FL MD schools, especially the newer ones. I don't have my MSAR handy to give me an idea as to how you'd do with U FL. As for the HBCs, I'm still kinda doubtful.

I like the poetry slam thing...definitely different!

31 mcat.....12v,10p, 9b

3.2 cumgpa, 3.7 scigpa. (Heavy upward trend since returning to school after a 7 year gap

No research, about 200hrs clinical shadowing, including a nmm DO physician, and good lors from professors

10years pastoring with numerous benevolence and inner city outreach responsibilities, 6 years as construction manager for $50mil in commercial construction

Amatuer endurance athlete, competitive spoken word poet

Florida resident, with goals to go into rural family practice
applying to all the MD's in florida except miami, and then meharry and morehouse (due to my significant work with the underpriviledged)
applying to all the private do's in the southeast, desmoines, marian and western in oregon

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say you're fine for any DO program, and I think you're sure to get interviews at some of the FL MD schools, especially the newer ones. I don't have my MSAR handy to give me an idea as to how you'd do with U FL. As for the HBCs, I'm still kinda doubtful.

I like the poetry slam thing...definitely different!
UF median MCAT:33. 10th%: 28. Good IS acceptance ratio:118/1820.

Time to pop for the new MSAR, Goro. It's only $22!