Non-Trad Gap Year Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Titus Andromedon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had several not-very-clinical jobs when I graduated from my Master's (I worked as a field researcher and a caregiver for late-stage dementia patients...kinda clinical but mostly just assisting with living stuff). Do whatever you need to finance your life and app cycle. I work in a clinical job now, and I really, really miss my double paycheck from those days now that I'm doing secondaries. As long as you stay involved in hospital volunteering I'd say you're good.

I had several not-very-clinical jobs when I graduated from my Master's (I worked as a field researcher and a caregiver for late-stage dementia patients...kinda clinical but mostly just assisting with living stuff). Do whatever you need to finance your life and app cycle. I work in a clinical job now, and I really, really miss my double paycheck from those days now that I'm doing secondaries. As long as you stay involved in hospital volunteering I'd say you're good.

Okay good that's what I was thinking. Thank you for the reply.

As for me, I continue my day job as an IT professional. Its good a job but no clinical work. I get my volunteering at a nearby major hospital once a week after my day job.