About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Non-Trad, need help with oos school selection

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Former Trader, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Former Trader

Former Trader

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Left school in 2005 to take a job as an Equity Trader on Wall St. Went back last year and will be getting my BS in biochem. cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.75. I have 150 hours in the OR, 30 hours in the clinic. I've been involved with a charity for the past four years which raises awareness for teenage mental illness. Strong letters, my personal statement is strong (described as very entertaining and funny by many professors, one of which is on the admissions committee of the med school of my current undergrad.) I will interview strong as well, very good communication skills and personality.

I'm applying to nearly every MD school in NY ( I'd really like to stay in NY) but I feel it is necessary to apply a bit more broadly, geographically speaking.

I get my MCAT score tomorrow so I will update when news comes in. As of right now, assume a 32.
  2. Former Trader

Former Trader

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Bump. 29Q 10V 10B 9P Very disappointed as thats way below my AAMC average. Going to have to retake at the end of July. Any thoughts?
  3. Former Trader

Former Trader

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Help me out here guys!! NYS resident, I would like opinions on this developing list

Albany
    Hofstra
    NYMC
    Buffalo
    Upstate Medical School
    Downstate
    Stony Brook
    Jefferson
    George Washington
    Drexel
    University of Central Florida
    Virginia Tech
    Penn State
    Rosalind Franklin
    Temple
  4. Nymphicus

Nymphicus kane o ke kai Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Medical Student
    SDN Published Author SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you are looking for schools that are fairly friendly to OOS applicants, both USNews and the MSAR will have more accurate and updated data on IS/OOS ratios.

Also, putting some information about what is important to you and what you are looking for in a school will help people make better suggestions.