MD & DO Non-trad RN c3.7 s3.6 - 28 MCAT (retake/too late) MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tradewinds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleting for ID reasons

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list looks good. How about MCW?
Thanks, I'll check them out tonight! Do you think the 7 in ps screams don't interview me? (I did pretty well in physics and chemistry during college, just clearly not on the mcat)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I'll check them out tonight! Do you think the 7 in ps screams don't interview me? (I did pretty well in physics and chemistry during college, just clearly not on the mcat)
The schools that might interview you will be ok with it (as long as everything else is strong).

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to peek, and for any advice or comments.
MCAT score came back today- quite unbalanced at 28 (7/11/10)
cGPA 3.71
sGPA 3.63
(3.2 freshman year and 3.8-4.0 every year after)
Postbac pre-requsit completion 21 credits, all science - 3.8
Michigan resident

Undergrad: nursing school (07-10') leadership positions and 300+ hours volunteer + Summer and part time school year work

Since graduation: RN in specialty (high volume) ICU 3.5 year, with numerous leadership, committee and teaching positions

-continuing non-clinical volunteer activity 4 hrs/wk all last school year and for upcoming school year

-environmental and health activism/leadership projects (this one gets pretty identifying so its hard to explain while maintaining anonymity but it's not a blog, more of a formal structured learning experience with many respected colleagues from various fields - no fanatics with mile long armpit hair ;))

-Strong rec letters from 3 science profs (this year), 1 manager, and 1 Physician/DO colleague

I am obviously quite concerned with that 7 in PS, but I would not be able to retake until at least September and I think most schools only accept scores before September 1st?

Strong personal statement and essays (I love writing - I am also working on a novel, which I briefly mentioned in my personal statement for MD but forgot to include in my activities section before I submitted the application.) My MD application is already verified and I could have secondaries complete before the end of the month because I have already started pre-writing some and plan to focus on getting them in ASAP.

Would love to stay in MI for family reasons and thus am favoring MD (we have 6 vs only 1 DO). also, with my low score, I'm not sure how competitive I will be out of state - though I am willing to move if need be.

All MI schools
-Wayne State
-OUWB
-Michigan State
Central
Western
Michigan (why not throw it in right ;) - gotta have one go at a small miracle - won't be attempting any other reaches)
SUNYS
Rosalind Franklin
?????

DO
-MSUCOM
-LECOM (erie)
Not sure which others?

If anyone knows of schools (I'm hoping not all) that specifically screen out 7s I would love to know which.

Thanks!
Maybe throw in Marian and CCOM

Reactions: 1 user