Non-trad student, would love any input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! Should I even bother applying to schools like Columbia or Icahn or should I apply to more mid-tiers? While I have a 4.0 graduate GPA, I'm worried about how medical schools would look at a cGPA under 3.3
A screener's reaction to discordance is impossible to predict. If you apply to a sufficient number of schools that might interview you (state schools or one's whose mission fits your own), at least some of them will bite. More schools like Jeff, Temple and Drexel would be a reasonable idea. You already have 4 reaches.

I suggest sticking with low tiers. Your GPA is significantly below the median. Consider DO schools as well, starting wit MYCOM, Touro-NY, Rowan and PCOM.

Thanks so much! Should I even bother applying to schools like Columbia or Icahn or should I apply to more mid-tiers? While I have a 4.0 graduate GPA, I'm worried about how medical schools would look at a cGPA under 3.3