Non-Trad What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smithy000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've got a 2.6 overall undergrad 2.7 science and a 28O(10ps 10vr 8bs) 28P( 9ps 8vr 11bs) MCAT's. However I have a 4.0 in my master's degree. ridiculous experience and extracurr's and i have been published twice...what are my chances at SGU or Ross

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly not sure. The overall is a little low, The MCAT is a bit above their avg. though and the advanced degree helps. Was your Master's in a science? That could help explain away why your undergrad is low. I would think you have a good shot, and should apply and preferably for May. Send your app in early, like Jan. Also apply to Ross and AUC.

Yeah undergrad sucked a bit because I failed my first semester and it was hard to come back from that....then I struggled in some science classes (but mostly just got B's and C's)....my M.S. is in Toxicology. I really just learned how to become a student and became more motivated and worked my tail off. I had to work 35-40 hours a week in undergrad which didn't help. I didn't have to work...Toxicology was great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a great personal statement / interview response. If they ask or question you about the GPA mention the "upward trend". I think you've got a good chance, especially applying for January or May.

Yeah undergrad sucked a bit because I failed my first semester and it was hard to come back from that....then I struggled in some science classes (but mostly just got B's and C's)....my M.S. is in Toxicology. I really just learned how to become a student and became more motivated and worked my tail off. I had to work 35-40 hours a week in undergrad which didn't help. I didn't have to work...Toxicology was great!

Yeah, I mentioned that in my personal statement in a round about way, but I was betting on explaining it in an interview. I submitted my application and now I'm waiting on transcripts and letters to make it to the schools