Non-Traditional Role: What Options Intrigue You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TacoTuesday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

About to graduate in 2016 and I keep on hearing from retail pharmacists how bad the condition/market is out in the real world.

So for those of you who have practiced for a while: what field would you look into that is non-traditional and can keep someone sane and happy?

Seems like something in pharmaceutical industry might work, but I am in Nevada and there are not too many opportunities. How about managed care or nuclear?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Medical cannabis clinical director of a dispensary

Hi All,

About to graduate in 2016 and I keep on hearing from retail pharmacists how bad the condition/market is out in the real world.

So for those of you who have practiced for a while: what field would you look into that is non-traditional and can keep someone sane and happy?

Seems like something in pharmaceutical industry might work, but I am in Nevada and there are not too many opportunities. How about managed care or nuclear?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

You should also look into compounding pharmacy informatics esp if you are into technology as well. I went to a talk recently sponsored by one of the pharmacy orgs (can't remember which one) that talked about this being an new cutting edge area of growth with lots of potential in how they implement new tech platforms to support compounding efficiency.